How much to pay for USIA Aqualite dry suit (never wet) + undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rachelscott51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm currently talking with an individual about purchasing a USIA Aqualite drysuit with undergarments. It has never been wet and still has tags. I'm going to check it out in person, but want to get an opinion on what the value is, or rather what I should shoot for in buying it. He says that he paid about $800 for it.

This will be my first dry suit.

Save yourself the trouble and pass. There are a few reviews on USIA here - most of them negative.

The LDS I used to hang out at pushed USIA's a lot, which means I've seen a lot of delamination - especially around the zipper.

I've had a USIA Suit for years and never had a problem. I'm on my 3rd set of neck and wrist seals and the suit itself has never given me a problem. I know a lot of people that use USIA suits and I've never seen delamination problems with them.

Scott

I think new they go for about $1200 which includes the undergarmet. $800 sounds fair. With that said though I have to go with Boogie here. I have one that I keep as my backup suit. I don't like diving it all. Make sure that the boots fit you really well. Most people that I know who have them have to wear ankle weights with these suits - myself included. On my primary suit I don't. The fit is not form fitting at all. This means that there is a lot of air shifting.

If I were you I would wait and buy another brand that you won't want to get rid of in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom