How much weight with 3mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been told for my 3mm to use half what I am using with my 7mm, that would be about 12-13 pds, I'm 5'3" 152 pds. Hoping that will be enough.

I do have a question for anyone purusing this thread and in the know, do I need to bring my soft weights with me? I understand Scuba Club does not have soft weight, but wouldn't the weight belts have removable weights I could use in my BC?

Kim

divekim:
I've been told for my 3mm to use half what I am using with my 7mm, that would be about 12-13 pds, I'm 5'3" 152 pds. Hoping that will be enough.

I do have a question for anyone purusing this thread and in the know, do I need to bring my soft weights with me? I understand Scuba Club does not have soft weight, but wouldn't the weight belts have removable weights I could use in my BC?

Kim

The standard weights work fine with an integrated BC. No need to take up luggage space packing weights.

divekim:

Kim

Take me with, and I'll carry the weight.......

scubawife:
The standard weights work fine with an integrated BC. No need to take up luggage space packing weights.

Second that. Airlines have lately been reducing weight limits and being more picky about their regs (fuel costs), and wieghts are free with the dives on Cozumel, so there's no need to use up your allotment with lead weights.

ShakaZulu:
Take me with, and I'll carry the weight.......

Oh, Shaka, if the airline ticket was in your name I would. My buddies girlfriend would be much happier if he were staying here with her!!:lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom