How to assemble DSS backplate and bolt-on weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobin, Stuart just likes to piss and moan. If you quit engaging him on here, he will probably keep pissing and moaning, but you have already said your piece. Anybody with half a clue knows who you are, how you operate and the quality of your products. There is no need to defend yourself...

Feel free to disregard what I have to say, I'll be the first to admit I have strong opinions about what is and is not good practice WRT diving, and I will not hesitate to refuse a sale when I think it prudent. I find it unethical to sell gear when I have genuine concerns about how it may be used.

I didn't intend to denigrate you or your customer service Tobin. I merely disputed the OP's claim that other manufacturers would treat him well if he called with questions about gear he bought used.

I've never purchased from you, but we have spoken on occasion and I've never had any issues with how you treat people. I think it's admirable that you won't sell if you believe the sale isn't prudent.

-Adrian

I didn't intend to denigrate you or your customer service Tobin. I merely disputed the OP's claim that other manufacturers would treat him well if he called with questions about gear he bought used.

I've never purchased from you, but we have spoken on occasion and I've never had any issues with how you treat people. I think it's admirable that you won't sell if you believe the sale isn't prudent.

-Adrian

Adrian,

Thanks for the kind words, I never thought you were taking a shot a me.

Tobin

So now I was using you and I'm a liar. Here's the snippet of my phone log from my Verizon account.

DSSCallLog.jpg

1, 5, and 6 are the Minutes. followed by "Rate" and "Airtime Charge" (the "--"). There were no other calls to or from my phone to/from the 626 area code between 10/19/14 and the call I made on 1/19/15.

We did talk about warm water, as I was soon to leave for Playa del Carmen.

The rest of the conversation you are remembering must have happened during that additional 34+ minutes that you spent on the phone after I said "thank you. Goodbye" and hung up.

I am a lot of things. I'm sure a lot of people would list a-hole among them. But, I am not a liar. And I do not think that taking up 6 minutes of the OEM's time to ask questions about used gear that they made qualifies, by any stretch, as "using" them.

I haven't been around SB very long, but I have been here long enough to see you be wrong, in more than one thread, about more than one thing. But, I have yet to see you post even the remotest acknowledgement of ever being wrong, even after it's been pointed out clearly. I don't expect it to start now. I give credit when and where credit is due. I do not engage in sycophancy. I take my lumps when I deserve them. And I apologize when one is due. So, I am done responding to this subplot.

Wow Stuart, you are way out of line, like you have been in many threads. See, the commonality Is YOU. Seriously, it is you, not them.

Im amazed at the patience of the experts on this board.

Welcome to ignore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom