How to best store a BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pitchblack70

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Was just discussing this w/my husband, who's going to be starting OW at the end of the month. We're not quite sure if a BCD should be stored with or without air (I've always left air in the BC to make sure the insides don't stick.) Is that the right approach? Thx!

:)

Once you have it rinsed and dry completely you should store it with a little bit of air in.
Having said that if you don't leave it hanging for months and months you don't actually need to do that

When I'm done diving, I rinse everything and onto hangers it goes.

I keep a wee bit of air in my wings or wife's BC.

Most important, is I store it in a conditioned space.

Don't store your dive gear in an attic or garage that gets blistering hot. Or a basement that is always damp and never dry.

Typically the gear is pretty bomb proof!

Store your mask carefully so as to not scratch the lens.

Keep the BC partially inflated. How much partially inflated? Enough so that the inner bladder won't get crushed or cut by accident.

All you have to do is dive more then you don't have
to store it:D

Keep the BC partially inflated. How much partially inflated? Enough so that the inner bladder won't get crushed or cut by accident.

I think the other issue is to keep be opposing rubber from contacting and fusing together.

Adam

Washed, dried and hung on hangers in a dry basement........

I on the other hand almost fully inflate the BC......

This let's me know if I have any leaks.........

and it seems to help the BC keep it's shape.....

M

:depressed:
Washed, dried and hung on hangers in a dry basement........

I on the other hand almost fully inflate the BC......

This let's me know if I have any leaks.........

and it seems to help the BC keep it's shape.....

M

This is what I do also but i have to agree with ps1mhd also, that if you dive more you don't have to worry about this :rofl3: Unfortunately for me it is winter here and I don't dive in the winter.....:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom