How to get over this fear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Kelly I hope you are ok. I know that phobia's can be a real pain but stick to your guns. You can overcome this just take small steps and commit to seeing it through. Once your mind is made up to whip it, it is over! That is where phobias die when we determine to leave them behind they loose there power over us. Do not be surprised if your fears become your strengths. It is mind over matter once you conquer these issues you will feel empowered and confident. Good luck and stay positive! Keep us posted.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!:)

I had a bunch of near-drowning experiences from both scuba diving and surfing. A couple of OOA ascents from 80' and 90', but it was the surfing stuff that really almost got me - this was in Hawaii in the big stuff.
Trust me - even when you're past the point where you know you're not gonna make it to the surface, a lot of times, you actually get pleasantly surprised to see the sun again.
So if no one is shooting at you and there's no big shadows blasting by you in the murk, hey - how bad can it be?

The skin dive in Padi was alot easier then its made out to be. Just pay attention to whats taught and go through it. Just remember that no matter how bad it seems you only have to complete it once :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom