New Member - UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone!

My name is Karim, I'm originally from Lebanon, but I'm currently living in the UAE.

One month back, I had completely no idea that I will go on the path of scubadiving, ESPECIALLY that I'm not usually fond of water activities, and let's say I'm a bit scared of the sea.

The idea mainly came up after I was planning a trip to Indonesia next year, and from what I gathered, scubadiving seemed like an unmissable opportunity, especially in Komodo.

I thought it was about time I erase any sorts of fear I had and take it to the extreme: REGISTER FOR PADI OW. And boy was it an experience.

The feeling of being able to breathe underwater was really mind bending, and the more time I spent underwater, the more I even felt in my element. But that doesn't really mean that my experience went flawlessly .. Panic ascents when clearing masks, complete confusion about how to maintain buoyancy, mental pressure causing all sorts of memory loss.

Despite all of that, I went through the entire course, and felt really, REALLY accomplished after my last sea dive. I'm a person that usually stays out of the water completely, so it definitely flipped my world upside down.

Not only did I get over any fear I had, I'm now so taken over by everything Scuba!

Looking forward to have an amazing time on ScubaBoards and underwater.

Cheers!

Welcome to the diving world. I lived in the UAE for a few years and had many enjoyable dive trips up to Dibba, and then over the border in Oman. The scuba diving at Daymaniyat Island is amazing. Check it out if you can.
Thank you so much! I'm still considering which dive center to go for in Fujairah!
Regarding Oman, many people as well recommended I try Musandam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom