How to get padi Space suit diver specialty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to DM with a guy who then went to work as a safety diver at the Neutral Buoyancy Research Facility for NASA. Ended up training astronauts in EVA. Cool.

If you ever take a PSI/PCI inspector course with Mark, he will tell you 764 times that he has done work with NASA. Maybe he would know where you could take the course.

I did some work with the Neutral Buoyancy Lab years ago and joked about jumping in for a test dive. I was told that the training for the support divers was almost as intensive as the astronaut training.

Also, jumping in the pool would have been a big-time felony. I don't know that the NBL ever offered a civilian diving experience.

I once worked with a group of underprivileged kids getting them ready to go to Space Camp. I was an assistant to the then Director of Astronaut Scuba Training at Huntsville. She was a NAUI Course Director by the name of Dana Kersey. Incredible lady and very professional as well as just plain nice.
At the time all astronauts got a NAUI OW cert. The training was to NAUI standards with NAUI instructors. And the support divers were NAUI certed as well.

If you ever take a PSI/PCI inspector course with Mark, he will tell you 764 times that he has done work with NASA. Maybe he would know where you could take the course.

He only told me 762 times and said I would have to planet…
I can't believe how lucky you guys were! Did cutting that part of the program short like that actually leave time at the end to look at tanks? That would have been great!

Forgive me, but what would be the reason for taking this course?
Didn’t you post several months back on deep tech diving, like beyond 200 M in the next few years.
I would think you’d want to take classes geared towards that.

Back
Top Bottom