How to handle non diving husband who is being difficult....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember this about guys: We want to help. You present a problem, we want to fix it. It doesn't matter that you just want us to listen, we aren't wired to just listen, we want to fix whatever ails you, and we want to do it now. He wants nothing more than your happiness, as well as to remain in his comfort zone, so work with that for right now.

Ok I asked him "Do you have a problem with me diving" He said No. Gave some serious thought to the men just want to help approach. I said "I need to find a larger watch band because it will not fit around my wetsuit, so he found an old band he had, suggested a modification to make it fit and helped me fix it. Then he asked me if I would be using the regulator i just got. I told him no it had to be checked out first at the shop. I think perhaps I need to get him to take two hoses off of it for me before I take it to the shop since I don't need them. I am pretty sure he can fix that for me. So this was probably just a comfort zone thing for him. I find men can be very inconsistent sometimes which confuses my logical side.

So what's his problem?
$(KGrHqZ,!l4E4lVyoI21BOS(d1FwpQ~~0_3.jpg
Just kidding, don't take any marriage advice from me...I'm only 19! haha.

I don't know if anyone else posted this but maybe he could do a Discover Scuba so he can see why you like it so much?
Or buy him a speargun/get him into spearfishing? It is WAY more fun than normal fishing!

I've bought a couple pieces of gear without my parents knowing. Most recent a $700 SOLA 2000 light, all my own hard-earned money of course but I didnt want my mom throwing a fit! I eventually told her and she thought it was awesome haha. Best of luck! :)

Ok I asked him "Do you have a problem with me diving" He said No. Gave some serious thought to the men just want to help approach. I said "I need to find a larger watch band because it will not fit around my wetsuit, so he found an old band he had, suggested a modification to make it fit and helped me fix it. Then he asked me if I would be using the regulator i just got. I told him no it had to be checked out first at the shop. I think perhaps I need to get him to take two hoses off of it for me before I take it to the shop since I don't need them. I am pretty sure he can fix that for me. So this was probably just a comfort zone thing for him. I find men can be very inconsistent sometimes which confuses my logical side.

Sounds to me like you and your husband are going to make this work....hang in there.

I'm liking this approach, keep him involved.

Pete

AirSpeed-Reg-Book.jpg

Buy this book for yourself.
If he asks to read it, let him.
Slowly reel him in.

I feel Like a traitor.................

Last edited:
I find men can be very inconsistent sometimes which confuses my logical side.

You are a woman, therefore, you have no logical side. I say this with a smile, because we are in the women's forum, but your kind of logic means nothing to his kind of logic. I thought you had been married 22 years????? :)

AirSpeed-Reg-Book.jpg

Buy this book for yourself.
If he asks to read it, let him.
Slowly reel him in.

I feel Like a traitor.................

Oh I like that book. He is really good at stuff like that.

---------- Post added May 18th, 2013 at 06:16 PM ----------

You are a woman, therefore, you have no logical side. I say this with a smile, because we are in the women's forum, but your kind of logic means nothing to his kind of logic. I thought you had been married 22 years????? :)

So you are saying that men actually are logical, just in an inconsistent way that makes no sense... I agree with that. :D

So you are saying that men actually are logical, just in an inconsistent way that makes no sense... I agree with that. :D
No.. Men are completely logical... just not to women..

Like a few other things, it is just different. As with other differences, it is best if we can just find a way to fit them together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom