How to improve position of tanks SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would love to see a picture of this if possible. Not sure I understand how you use a cord and standard rigging with ring bungees.
heres some pics showing how you can adjust and allows you to move tank closer or farther away from you- I unclip the string when used as a second stacked tank

Attachments

• IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 70
heres some pics showing how you can adjust and allows you to move tank closer or farther away from you- I unclip the string when used as a second stacked tank
I use loop bungees, but this seems like it would be much more effective than chokers with ring bungees.

Get some heavy 1.5 inch or 1.625 inch O-Rings at a hardware store. The top boltsnap can be cinched up tight to the valve with an O-ring doubled around the choker. Tighten up tail boltsnap with paracord and a keeper. Rather than d-rings, put a couple of the O-Rings on the waist belt. I use the ring bungees and the hard rings on the butt plate when entering the water, and then switch to the O-Rings on my hipbones when I'm trimmed out for diving. On occasion when the tanks get real floaty, I'll move the boltsnaps to the O-Rings between the H-straps and the belt release. Before reboarding, switch the boltsnaps back to the hard rings on the butt plate or face getting snapped by a stretched O-ring when unclipping.

Attachments

• 20221130_235141.jpg
    20221130_235141.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 67
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom