How to reduce a monstrous SAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

15 litres/min divided-by 15 litres/bar tank is 1 bar/min pressure SCR per 1ATA --good for you!

So for example, if you're at 30 meters average or max depth for 10 minutes with nominal exertion:
30m is 4 ATA (30 meters divided-by-10 plus 1 equals 4 ATA);
4 ATA mulitplied-by 1 bar/min, and then multiplied by 10 minutes equals 40 bar consumed in that time frame of 10 minutes at 30 meters.

You really don't need your Air Integrated Computer to tell you this anymore --just simply a standard "brass & glass" SPG in bar units and rote common sense :wink:. . .

So how does this simple math compare with being able to analyze your dive from a sample that the Galileo Sol takes every 4 seconds?
Because you really don't need that level of precision (i.e. an AI computer updating your consumption every 4 seconds); there is no added-value in purchasing a $1k Air-Integrated Computer when you can easily accomplish the same task with you own brain power & rote experience, especially when working smartly in the metric system with a value of 1 bar per minute. . .

Again, how hard is it to use a unity reference value of "1", along with scalar multiples or percentages of that value???

GramsciBeat, I bet your tropical warm water SCR will range from 10 - 13 litres/min to start --and go ahead and ebay that AI transmitter/transducer (keep the computer):wink:

Because you really don't need that level of precision (i.e. an AI computer updating your consumption every 4 seconds); there is no added-value in purchasing a $1k Air-Integrated Computer when you can easily accomplish the same task with you own brain power & rote experience, especially when working smartly in the metric system with a value of 1 bar per minute. . .
@Kevrumbo: I think you've completely missed the point of beaverdivers' posts here on ScubaBoard. He sells Scubapro dive gear for a living. I'm kind of shocked that he only wears two dive computers on every dive. I would think he'd advocate for wearing at least three computers -- in case both computers crap out, you know.
From his point of view, it makes perfect sense to sell unnecessary expensive equipment (or the gear with the highest profit margin) to a diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom