Howdy From Fort Worth Tx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregV

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to Scubaboard even though I've been diving since "78". I never Knew about this site till my dive shop told me about it ( pretty sad huh). Most of my diving has been inland lakes and quarrys with a little bit of blue water (Caribbean and Mexico). Up until the last 4 years I only dove about 4 or 5 times a year but been diving more and more every year (last year I logged 50 dives). Diving has become more of a passion for me and am wanting to get my advaced open water this year and during the next few years get some more technical training ( deco,wreck). My goal is to get enough training and experience to dive the Japanese warships around truk in the South Pacific, looking forward to gaining knowledge from y'all in the forums.

Hey ..I`m in the mid cities area, and dive several times a month, usually at CSSP, and Murray...sometimes at Opposun Kingdom...if you need a partner, give me a shout, love the Caribbean, several times a year....welcome aboard...See ya` under

Welcome, Greg!

I'm new to this board and I'd like to introduce myself. I am 49 years old and took up diving about 5 years ago. I like many other people fell in love with the sport and wanted to learn as much as possible. I live in Lake City Fl in the heart of spring country. I went through a great shop in Gainesville FL called the Aquatic Center where I was trained by Smitty Smith and later by Rob and AL, I took OW, AOW, Nitrox, Rescue, DM and then Cavern and Intro to cave. I did this over the first three years. I then spent a good bit of time in overhead practicing, I waited about year before taking apprentice and took this from Johnny Richards. I practiced a lot for about six months and took full cave back in Nov. I have met many wonderful people in this sport and met a lot of the cave divers in the area. Its a fairly small group of people and I found that it has a rich history. I had the chance to meet with Cindy Butler when she was discussing the need to preserve the past in cave diving. Expanding myself I now want to give back to the community by helping out. I am now part of the non profit Cave Diving and Library located in High Springs FL. I am enclosing a link to it for your enjoyment. At some point in the future we want to have a virtual system in place but we are just past the startup point. Everyone is welcome to visit. I also work part time at Ginnie Springs Outdoors on Sundays in the rental & fill station area. ( At least during the summer) So feel free to stop by and say hello.
http://www.overheadtimes.com/
Tom Hundley

GregV:
I'm new to Scubaboard even though I've been diving since "78". I never Knew about this site till my dive shop told me about it ( pretty sad huh). Most of my diving has been inland lakes and quarrys with a little bit of blue water (Caribbean and Mexico). Up until the last 4 years I only dove about 4 or 5 times a year but been diving more and more every year (last year I logged 50 dives). Diving has become more of a passion for me and am wanting to get my advaced open water this year and during the next few years get some more technical training ( deco,wreck). My goal is to get enough training and experience to dive the Japanese warships around truk in the South Pacific, looking forward to gaining knowledge from y'all in the forums.

Welcome the the board. If you get the chance look up the Texas Swamp Divers right here on Scubaboard. We are all over the place. We are all pretty active divers so if you need a buddy just let us know. Hey just curious which local dive shop (LDS) told you about the board?

Welcome to the board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom