Howdy from Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board :) Always cool to see fellow Missourians around, even if we're from "Missourah" or even "Misery". :D

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
I hope you enjoy reading through the advice on photography and equipment here as folks help each other and sometimes "battle it out" over methods and equipment.
Share your photos and experiences too.

I have yet to get the inspiration I need to revise my stock message, but I have (some) faith {-It could happen!}. Maybe if I read over may last couple hundred welcoming messages. Hmm. Maybe.
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved to where it can receive better attention.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

This site should be really helpful getting back into the swing of things. I know that it turned out to be an invaluable resource for me when I decided to get back in the water.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

I gotta tell you, this is sure a friendly place. I never imagined receiving this many replies. I have completed my profile, but I am not sure where to specify my diving history.

I'm headed to Tortola, BVI this Saturday and was hoping to find advice on using the Sony T1 with underwater housing as I had some focus problems last time down there. As a little background, my university offers a 4-year online degree to students at a community college in Tortola. We teach over the Internet, but go down for a week at the beginning and end of the semester. This is my end-of-semester visit (my 4th to date and I get to teach another class in the spring!).

I haven't had much time to explore the site since it's the last week of classes and I'm getting ready for my trip. I will in the future!

We try to make the new members feel welcome. We want you to give SB a good try, make some posts, etc.

I have completed my profile, but I am not sure where to specify my diving history.
Click the Quick Links in the blue bar above. That'll give you a menu including Edit Dive Info. Click that, then complete the next menu and save.

...was hoping to find advice on using the Sony T1 with underwater housing as I had some focus problems last time down there.
The Underwater Art & Photography forum has several sub forums, but I don't know enough about photography to tell you more. Click here and try these: http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=3 :526:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom