Howdy from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

I've always thought that being an airline pilot and a diver would make for a great combination. That is as long as you give yourself sufficient time after diving! :eyebrow:

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

IslandHopper:
I gotta ask... what airline ?
I'm moving back to Houston from Guam shortly (giving up my trusty 737 for a 757). I'll be looking for any excuse to go diving somewhere ! I've kinda gotten used to warm water and unlimited visibility.

UPS, MD - 11
I just left the 757/767 and really miss some of the Boeing ways. Better schedule for me. If you haven't flown the 757 you will love it. Stay in touch and will try to get together as much as our schedules allow.

Dan Drew
Round Rock

r37691:
Hello, & welcome. I'll be around North Richland hills in Jan. if you want to get some dives in then.

Would love to. We just had a lot of flooding here in Central Texas but the water will be cold (at least for us). Come down and try Lake Travis. Vis is usually around six to ten feet but it's better than a mudhole.

Howdy!!!!!!!

Hey there AggieDad, welcome to Scuba Board! :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Free travel ???

IF there's room to get on the plane (we're the last to get on)
IF your luggage gets there (guess who's luggage is lowest priority - employees)
IF you can get on the flight home ...(hope there's a hotel available if you don't)

That said, it STILL beats working for a living and there's nothing else I'd rather do..., but don't just assume we can hop on an airplane and go anywhere we want to, anytime we want to. :)

IslandHopper:
Free travel ???

IF there's room to get on the plane (we're the last to get on)
IF your luggage gets there (guess who's luggage is lowest priority - employees)
IF you can get on the flight home ...(hope there's a hotel available if you don't)

That said, it STILL beats working for a living and there's nothing else I'd rather do..., but don't just assume we can hop on an airplane and go anywhere we want to, anytime we want to. :)
Yeah, and you either get first class, or a middle seat at the back of the plane. As a Lifetime Platinum customer, met many a pilot that way - either becuase I got the free first class upgrade, or I changed my flight at the last minute and got the aisle at the back. :profile:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom