HUD Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please guys, we want it shipping as well! You guys will be among the very first to know when we are going to start shipping the commercial units.

It doesn't interfere with vision and is very cool indeed.

andydiver06:
Hey brut why use comp then. Table and your simple water resistant watch is good enough and more reliable. Just dream about display of PPO2/OTU/Depth/BARG/ time etc on HUD. It does not obstruct your vision otherwise all the fighter pilots would have crashed long ago.
I'm not saying that computers annoy me I'm saying that I could see them being in my line of sight constantly annoy me. In general I'm a senior in electrical engineering at THE Ohio State University I kind of like the things, I often drive a car with a HUD I guess I would have to test the mask out but it just seems like the surface area of the mask is so small that inrder to have the numbers readable they would have to take up a much higher percentage of the surface area of your mask than a HUD on a car or on a Jet takes up surface area of the windshiled, I realize that the digits are translucent but I guess I just think I coudl see it being annoying if it covered too much of the mask.

In all fairness I would be willing to try one out before knocking it. I"m not knocking the idea I think it's prbably pretty interesting technology to dive with but I'm not ready to sign up and buy one I would def. want to try it out first.

brutus_scuba:
I'm not saying that computers annoy me I'm saying that I could see them being in my line of sight constantly annoy me. In general I'm a senior in electrical engineering at THE Ohio State University I kind of like the things, I often drive a car with a HUD

I once saw a corvette with a HUD. Very cool. Often wonder why all cars don't have HUDs...

<--- Wants a mask with a HUD.

NOW, thankyouverymuch.

On general principle. With an alias like mine, it's pretty much required.

:D

I wonder how these work into the MOFH debate :wink:

If you keep a backup mask now, and got a HUD mask, would you need 2? (or a backup mask and backup computer?)

usmc4x4:
As someone with experience with the Corvette HUDs (I keep stealing my father in laws :eyebrow: ) and the F/A-18 Hornet HUDs (used to work on the Hornet weapon systems) I couldn't be more excited about a mask with a HUD. BUT I really doubt that I will have the money to buy one.
Yeah. If the price ends up truly being $2k, that's gonna be tough to deal with. Seems pretty much like a $700 Atom built into a $40 mask, so why would the price more than double?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom