Hump DAY Sunrise Dive 7/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigz once bubbled...
Sorry we missed you guys on the 9th! ... SNIP...

Maybe next time?!!! You guys keep up the hump day dives - I'll be up north staying very jealous.

Sorry we missed YOU but glad you had a good time in the Keys. Will you be back soon?

Yes, Bill is great - ALL the dive shops here are great but Bill @ Scuba School is one of the outstanding ones. He's been a tremendous help to Marvel and me, even guiding her on the Spiegel Grove (which was her FIRST boat trip after being certified).

I'm hoping that this week's dive will have good visibility. You just can't tell, but it's been great deep lately so maybe we'll be "camera clear."

If I could, I'd be back in a flash. I may get to come down during the winter - the in-laws are usually in Pompano then, so we may get to visit. I'll keep checking in on you folks and I'll let you know of any upcoming southern journeys.

Hey, I just realized that our 7/30 dive will be opening day of the mini season. We need to pick a site - maybe this week's dive - and make sure at least one of us has a license to kill. Think about it and let's talk at this Humpday Sunrise Dive!

We might have to just take the day off and eat lobsta instead of workin! What do the rest of you say?

Hey, I just realized that our 7/30 dive will be opening day of the mini season. We need to pick a site - maybe this week's dive - and make sure at least one of us has a license to kill. Think about it and let's talk at this Humpday Sunrise Dive!

We might have to just take the day off and eat lobsta instead of workin! What do the rest of you say?
Mike I think that is an awesome idea, except that I am really partial to our secret places that we have seen those lobsters. So if we post it on the boards where to meet, knowing that the bugs were there on a previous trip... well you get the idea. Of course I know these guys and gals on the board are sworn to secrecy and would never tell anybody or share any lobster secrets. Right?:wacko:
So lets all meet at say uh, ummm, the entrance to Everglades National Park to do some lobster diving! Take 595 West....

See ya there! hee hee!
PS. (Of course if you show up for this weeks dive, you will be in the planning of next weeks secret location)

We're all set for tomorrow AM. I've rescheduled appointments so I won't be doing any major heavy lifting... I love these mid-week breaks. It's like a mini-weekend.

Maybe we'd like to try for the tires? I found something that looks like a long strip of artificial reef on the Dolph fishing map and its in the right place. It goes all up and down the coast.

Its your call, folks... we can discuss it tomorrow morning.

OK, I have the pineapple & our tanks... hurrrryyyyyyy :eek:ut:

Lets gooooooooooo!!!!!! :)

The wind finally died down! Vis was at least 40 feet. almost no current, and the waves were measured in inches not feet.
We entered the water at 7:50, desended to the reef 'round 8:05, and swam east. We kept going, past the first reef, sand and finally hit some reef. There was a drop like the earth's bottom just dropped by 10 feet. In all the crevices and overhangs were many many fish, snook, spotted drum, and all the "regulars," just a little bit bigger than further inshore. Also saw yellow tail snapper, and a couple turtles.
Total bottom time was 1:45. I even came up with almost 1000psi!
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Yes, the visibility and conditions were exceptional. I had *thought* I was diving the second reef, but *that* was a reef. Time to get out and review the maps. Nice kick out, we could have handled it even with a current and swells but glad we didn't have to. Pics came out OK too... thanks again for choosing a great site once more for the humpday sunrise dive, Jen!

You are quite welcome. It has been a great pleasure diving during the week, and with mixed emotions I hope that that was the last. Hopefully that new temp position will be starting next week. If not (hey, I have been waiting for this positon since last fall, I won't believe I am working there until I actually get a pay check!), then we shall continue.
By all means, tho, continue regardless of what my job situation is. Mike, I think you are now in charge. Where are we diving next week? I know of a couple more places here and there, so give me a shout and I will direct you.
Can you bring the pics tomorrow night?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom