Humpback visits Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One weird thing - the third to the last picture that SeaYoda posted looks fake. I noticed right away that something didn't seem right with the proportionality of the whale and boat. I am very familiar with humpback whales because I see them out the window of my office all the time where I work (yes, that's true - my office is in Juneau Alaska). Then I noticed the whale in exactly the same breech pose in the next picture, but with a different background on the shore. Puffer Fish's great photo shows this photo in much greater detail. It looks like someone took Puffer Fish's photo, cropped out the whale, and the pasted the whale on to the photo with the boat.

Amazingly good judgement. The whale picture is correct, looks like the boat was stuck in the picture.

I will post images of all the boats that were in the area tonight... but that is not one of them.

it takes a bit of time for me to take the 4000 x 3000 images and turn them into something that can be put in photobucket...wish I could show the originals.

it takes a bit of time for me to take the 4000 x 3000 images and turn them into something that can be put in photobucket...wish I could show the originals.

Ever try a program called irfanview ? It's free, and it makes it super easy to resize/resample digital photos. With an additional download, you can even do this with raw files and save them as virtually any type of image file for easy web posting. It takes just a few seconds per photo, and cropping is pretty easy too. Give it a shot.

-h

but youre Yoda...... you know everything!!!!

Seayoda: (waves hand slowly in front of crowd) "Yoda knows all, Yoda is great"

Crowd: "This Yoda fella' knows a lot and he is such a great guy"

Here are the boat that were there as we arrived..ok, before we arrived, and were a long way away... the state fish and game boat followed the whale the whole time we were there.

whale6.jpg

The whale is the little thing on the far right. No big boat there.

Ever try a program called irfanview ? It's free, and it makes it super easy to resize/resample digital photos. With an additional download, you can even do this with raw files and save them as virtually any type of image file for easy web posting. It takes just a few seconds per photo, and cropping is pretty easy too. Give it a shot.

-h

Did not think it was possible to lock up Vista 64.. but that program can do it in a heartbeat...

Here is the only other boat (besides us and the state boat) that was around the whole time we were:

Whale8.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom