Hurricane Dennis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickdiver:
Its a sore point with me... you would be surprised at the number of people in Central/ South Fl who do not consider NW FL to be "part" of FL.
That's 'cause it's LA, don'tchaknow? :) :) :)
Rick

Rick Murchison:
That's 'cause it's LA, don'tchaknow? :) :) :)
Rick

Yea- its still beyond my why we didn't secede and annex into Alabama years ago!

simbrooks:
As for great projectiles, any chance of getting the shingles etc off the roofs or roads before the winds hit? Otherwise just get the plywood out and hope it withstands flying stuff. When it comes to roofs not repaired, not much anyone can do about that now....

Not a chance. These homes are on my street alone. There are hundreds of homes around Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte that are in the same fix.

Fortunately, I have excellent storm windows that I will be putting up tomorrow (although they are already pretty battered).

ReefGuy:
Not a chance. These homes are on my street alone. There are hundreds of homes around Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte that are in the same fix.

Fortunately, I have excellent storm windows that I will be putting up tomorrow (although they are already pretty battered).
Rather the storm windows than you and your family Jeff :wink:

Today has been fun so far! I've been trimming bouganvilla like there is no tomorrow as it's on a barrier fence between us and a not so cool neighborhood next door. Since our lawn service company for the condo association is to lazy to do it, its quite prolific... now with the storm coming I may not have to worry about hauling this debris off, it'll end up all over the adjacent neighborhood where they have free horticulture service anyway!! :D

The cone of uncertainty is ever so interesting.
http://intellicast.com/Local/USNati...harts&product=HurTrack2&prodnav=none&pid=none

More like "The Blob of Where?" on intellicast :D

No doubt :). I did get some good news just now, though. If called up, I only have to setup the EOC, then I'm releived and don't report until immediately after the storm. We learned a lot from Charley, Frances, and Jean.

simbrooks:
Rather the storm windows than you and your family Jeff :wink:

That(Cindy) was fun...

Power went out Tuesday night(along with over 250,000 others in LA) at the hotel I was staying at, unbeknownst to me. By the time I got back from the bars, I was greeted with a chemlight and a staircase to my 14th floor(that I requested for the view) room. Ugh! No power throughout Wednesday in my tower. I got them to move me to their other building that had partial power(lights and one elevator), but no TV or AC. It had cold water pressure too :D I was living large considering my tower room had no power and no water. This morning there was still 130,000 without any power, so I wasn't alone.

It was pretty wicked for a TS. Nothing like Arlene.

Back home now, just in time to start nailing some ply to the windows!

Ivan was a big storm :) The eye went over my house in Loxley, AL the night it hit. NWFL had all the heavier bands and winds from the East side of that big beast.

Arrggh, just saw the first newscast of people stocking up at the home depot, can the overcafinated weather person in foul weather gear be far behind. Looks like the hurricane season is starting early this year.

Well Here we go again! The new models today have this thing skirting the West Coast.

For all of us MegaDive Campers we have our gear we just have to get some canned goods and get ready for the great Florida Hurricane Camp out 2005.

There are STILL blue tarps here in St Lucie County from last year!

I am working overtime this weekend so the 6'-8' seas on the east coast did not wreck my plans.

Batten down the hatches..

Eric

Back
Top Bottom