Hurt myself diving in Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good job keeping your cool!

Sounds like what was happening before the trauma was "reverse blockage" and the ear was already extended out, blowing more air into it caused it to tear. You may have been moving too quickly up and down, not allowing your body to adjust properly.

Make sure you aren't blowing too hard when you clear, some people really force it and blow an ear drum that way. if you are experiencing blockage while ascending, slow WAY down or actually descend a little to equalize it out and try again. Try moving your jaw back and forth or extending it forward to open up the ear passage.

Hope you heal up soon and can get back at it.

scubabum2:
Chris,
I think its very commendable that you kept your cool in the middle of that trauma. A lot of divers would have completely panicked. Good luck on your next diving excursion.
Mark
Thanks for the nice thoughts. It was tough, but one thing I did realize, the last thing I wanted to do was surface. I mean we were not deep, but as I slowly realized what had happened, I didnt want to take any chances..

Ear seems fine, still has some congestion inside. Getting better and almost normal now.. Lets hope this doesnt happen again.

Gotta remember, clear often, clear often....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom