Hydro on older tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So in this kind of situation, is the tank passing the second hydro a valid test? Or, asked another way, if a tank fails hydro, should it always fail hydro?

I was asking on a different thread with Luis, but wanted to post here since this thread is exactly my situation.

I asked some time back what round out was. Got the answer and wondered. If you took a full tank to the shop would that minimise the effect of what rounding out the tank is supposed to prevent????? This discussion is of interest to me as i have some friends that use the older tanks.

I am just guessing, but I think it should have a similar effect though not to the same extent. Assuming a full LP72 at +10%, you are looking at 2475psi. The round-out procedure is 85-90% of test pressure (3750psi). So still a 1000psi difference. Probably also depends on how fast the tank contracts after you release the pressure.

Back
Top Bottom