Hydro Q. for new alum. tank.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spearo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
so I just got my new tank in the mail and now have a Q. Do I have to get a hydro. now (been a new tank and all) or five years after my first vis inspection. It has been many years since my last bottle purchase and I noticed some of my other tanks don't show any hydro inspection marks dated at the same as the first visual inspection. Thanks

The cylinder needs to be hydrostatic tested every 5 years from the date of manufacturing. The shoulder should have something like 09/10 to indicate month/year. The first time you need to send it for hydrostatic testing would be 09/15 in this example.

A requal test (aka hydro which also includes a visual inspection) is valid for 5 years. There will be an initial hydro test at the time of mfg. Many cylinders will have a mfg date along with a hydro date. Typically, they are the same date.

The above has nothing to do with a visual inspection done by a scuba shop - which is a scuba industry standard. Those are done yearly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom