Hydroid Sting (with pics) - what to expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure that is not fire coral?

If it is, it will re-occur in two weeks.

When pivoting upside down to look at a sea horse under a coral head, I put one knuckle on what turned out to be fire coral. (At 60 feet+ any color is pretty much gone.) Stung quite a bit that afternoon, but a few beers and very spicy Indian food put out the flames, which never returned.

Reactions: Jax
Stung quite a bit that afternoon, but a few beers and very spicy Indian food put out the flames, which never returned.

Ahh, so that's the trick. In my case, non-compliance would be a non-issue.

Cheers,

Doc

This stuff worked really well for me last year Safe Sea stops jellyfish & sea lice stings!

It's on Amazon for about $5. Not sure what the active ingredient is but it has a heavy smell of ammonia. Really took the sting and the "heat" off!

I had a similar experience , I had two fingers looking like your tthumb . I read in my diving manual that most marine poison was protein based. So I applied heat, as hot as I could handle for about 15min . After that some ointment , herbazone reconstruction cream , and all was 100% the next day! Maybe I was lucky

Back
Top Bottom