Hydros pro Replacement shoulder strap possible? Or send in for repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always show the boat crew the handle during set up just in case I need to hand off my rig getting into the boat. I love that handle so much I put one on my bpw.

i think i'm taking my hydros to isla providencia in august.

Mines headed to Malta with me in a few weeks. Provided I get it back from SP in time. :)

Mine was bought early 2018, but was likely an older version that was in stock. I got it as a un-used floor model for only 700 bucks. So I cant really complain. :)

I already sent it in to ScubaPro this morning so hope they either fix it, or send me one that has the issue resolved.
They will fix it, don't worry. It is not complicated. The 'updated' versions have a red ring around the shoulder valve :)

Probably you won't even have to pay, let us know!

Mines headed to Malta with me in a few weeks. Provided I get it back from SP in time. :)

Wow, we can almost wave hi to each other from Malta to Libya when you are there :)

Nice BCD, but not keen on buying spares every so often.

Let's not exaggerate Bro, it is a one time fix. There was a low frequency issue in the first generation that was fixed later with free updates to previous generation owners and all is OK.

Let's not exaggerate Bro, it is a one time fix. There was a low frequency issue in the first generation that was fixed later with free updates to previous generation owners and all is OK.

Not an exaggeration.
After 150 dives of very careful handling - like I said. I always lifted it from the handle.
150 dives in about a year and a few months
And I rarely had it on with a tank and walked on land for more than a minute.

I've always spoken highly of it. In fact, I went as far as to say going from it to a traditional bp/w, I didn't feel a massive difference during the dive. So well done Scuba Pro.

But at the rate it was wearing out, I would need to be purchasing straps far more often that I think necessary considering how much it costs. And I also recall noticing the bungees that retract the wing were also severely worn. Yes, bungees are not expensive but I don't have the time to chase after spares - or proceed with back-alley repairs.

It appears you really enjoy the HP. Good for you!

But at the rate it was wearing out, I would need to be purchasing straps far more often that I think necessary considering how much it costs. And I also recall noticing the bungees that retract the wing were also severely worn. Yes, bungees are not expensive but I don't have the time to chase after spares - or proceed with back-alley repairs.

How many times have you had to replace the shoulder straps?? How many people had to replace them?

That's what I meant by an exaggeration.

It appears you really enjoy the HP. Good for you!

I like and trust what they produce in general. I do NOT like their A1/A2 dive computers at all and I would never advise buying one. This is rare but I am not bashful about saying what is good and what is not so good or what is bad.

How many times have you had to replace the shoulder straps?? How many people had to replace them?

That's what I meant by an exaggeration.

I needed to replace them 1.25 years and 150 dives into ownership
I wasn't prepared to replace shoulder straps every 1 year and 3 months at a cost of approximately $200

You don't know and I don't know how many people had to replace them.
Because we know that online forum members generally account for only 5% to 10% of people in real life.

I wasn't prepared to replace shoulder straps every 1 year and 3 months at a cost of approximately $200

The issue here is that you are implying that you HAVE TO replace them every "1 year and 3 months," as if it will be a recurring issue with them. This isn't true. It was a one time issue and was dealt with an updates were made.

You shouldn't have had to pay anything at all. It was a warranty issue.

You don't know and I don't know how many people had to replace them.
I know for fact that it was a minuscule number but SP still made upgrades and improvements to take care of the issue.

Because we know that online forum members generally account for only 5% to 10% of people in real life.

Perhaps more like 0.005 - 0.01%?

The issue here is that you are implying that you HAVE TO replace them every "1 year and 3 months," as if it will be a recurring issue with them. This isn't true. It was a one time issue and was dealt with an updates were made.

You shouldn't have had to pay anything at all. It was a warranty issue.

I know for fact that it was a minuscule number but SP still made upgrades and improvements to take care of the issue.

Perhaps more like 0.005 - 0.01%?

Do you have any photographs of the upgrade?
Curious to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom