Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like you moved closer and closer to a BP/W with those choices. Outside of the grippy surface, what else do you like about the Hydros that your BP/W doesn't have?

What do you find difficult about traveling with your BP/W that would cause you to take the heavier Hydros?

Right? I don’t understand that logic.

It sounds like you moved closer and closer to a BP/W with those choices. Outside of the grippy surface, what else do you like about the Hydros that your BP/W doesn't have?

What do you find difficult about traveling with your BP/W that would cause you to take the heavier Hydros?
my hydros is lighter than my bp/w and i can roll it into a 9" diameter (using compression straps) swiss roll without the cream filling. My bp/w has to lay flat on the bottom of my bag and the harness gets all jumbly. don't get me wrong, i love my bp/w but for now I leave it in Mexico and travel with my hydros.

don't discount that grippy surface on the plate and shoulder straps. makes for a very intimate experience.

you would if you bought the hydros first. :p

Nah, they want way too much money for it. Used ones are selling for about twice what you can get a quality BPW package for…I’m glad you found something what works for you, but seems like you still ended up with a BPW just with extra steps…and how is the hydros lighter than a BPW? My single cylinder BPW with aluminum plate comes in at 6lbs, with a steel plate it would come in at 9-10. The hydros weight a little over 11lbs.

Nah, they want way too much money for it. Used ones are selling for about twice what you can get a quality BPW package for…I’m glad you found something what works for you, but seems like you still ended up with a BPW just with extra steps…
to each their own. like i said, i use both regularly. I just use the hydros for traveling and keep the bp/w where I go often.

now, if you really want to deride me, let's talk about reg sets...

I dove with a couple bp/w setups and after crunching the numbers for the options I wanted with them, the cost savings I had heard so much about weren't there for me.

One thing I've learned is that a BC is a personal choice. What feels great to one person may not for another, and I'm glad I tried out so many different types and styles so I could make an informed choice.

I dove with a couple bp/w setups and after crunching the numbers for the options I wanted with them, the cost savings I had heard so much about weren't there for me.

One thing I've learned is that a BC is a personal choice. What feels great to one person may not for another, and I'm glad I tried out so many different types and styles so I could make an informed choice.

The cost savings over a hydros pro? Or some random cheap jacket bcd?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom