Hypnautical Weekend 1/4 - 1/5 vid+pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intense Blue

Registered
Reaction score
- This is the post one of my frequent customers made on one of the other websites, he gave me permission to put it over here -

On Saturday Bubba, Lisa, Louie, Marcus and I devised a little boat tournament to make things interesting. We all threw in $10 and came up with a point system:

1 point per inch for all non-trash fish except AJS
AJs are 1/2 point per inch
Bugs are 5 points each

We all put some nice fish in the boat. Lisa took a nice black, Bubba a monster AJ, Louie some nice tallys, a fat YJ, and all kinds of things. I will let everyone chime in with their fish and scores but I put up 97 points consisting of a limit of lobster, a nice AJ, a 33" gag, and a hog and took the #1 spot. Louie took second with 87 points. Lisa had 37 points and Bubba had 27. Marcus brought up the rear and got to rock the pink hat for the pic.

I had one of the most exciting moments in a long time when I was almost done with my safety stop, with almost no air left, watching John retreive my gag and lift bag on the surface in crystal clear water. The stringer separated from the bag and I watched my not-yet-dead gag torpedo past me on how way to the bottom. I threw out my reg, grabbed my pony reg, and chased him down about 70', almost to the bottom in 95'. I made multiple grabs at him and he would kick away, finally getting him in a bear hug and a hand in his gills. I then slowly swam him up and got back in the boat with 1000lbs left in the pony. Whew!

We capped the night off with an awesome dinner of Steamed lobster tails and Terriyaki Grouper sliders with grilled ham and pineapple on Kings Hawaiian Sweet rolls.

Heres a link to the video. I don't have much music on my work computer so I hope everyone can handle some more dropkick murphys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrOMnDEU7Co

Attachments

• scub 3.jpg
    scub 3.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 54
  • sacub2.jpg
    sacub2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 46
  • scub1.jpg
    scub1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 45
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/