I Am Coming To Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedude:
I don't get any work done...............
Who the heck sits at work all day playing on the computer and lurking around the scubaboard?

Oh there are piles of people who lurk around the board. Never post just check out what everyone is saying.

though I do post now and again. I would also like to come out to visit but will have to make it an early night as I also ski and my family and I go up north on Friday nights.

I called the Radisson and they have a lounge (go figure, they call it "The Lounge") that is part of their resturaunt and could accommodate 10 - 15 people in a comfortable setting. I am also going to visit one of our Dealers tomorrow right in this area and will check out the resturants/Bars while I'm there.

Ian

I suggested K.C. McFlies but there is an Irish pub just on the south side of the 401. OD and I go there every now and then. It's nice and the people are friendly. You boys can decide. Just let some of us know what you decide on.

There's lotsa stuff around there... I think the irish pub you speak of cobaltbabe is called King Georges Arms (or something like that), just north of the 401 in the same little mall as Wendy's and Timmy H's. There is also a Firkin' on Sheppard just west of VP.
Anyone know what happened to Johnny Burgers??? I drove by last night at around 12:30AM and the doors were closed... thats unusual for Johnny's...

boney:
There's lotsa stuff around there... I think the irish pub you speak of cobaltbabe is called King Georges Arms (or something like that), just north of the 401 in the same little mall as Wendy's and Timmy H's. There is also a Firkin' on Sheppard just west of VP.
Anyone know what happened to Johnny Burgers??? I drove by last night at around 12:30AM and the doors were closed... thats unusual for Johnny's...

I think it is O'Graddies. Right beside the petro can in the little strip mall. Lots of fiesty Europian men. Got to love those older Europian men. reminds me of home. :)

In the hotel:

"The Lounge" - Bad Hotel drinkin' spot. Expensive, no atmosphere, bad tunes. Very limited selection of food and beer

"King George Arms" - Across the street (Victoria Park). Small place. No large tables. Food is OK, Beer selection is decent. Pseudo-English Pub style.

"O'Grady's" - REAL Irish pub (Owned and frequented by real Irish folk.) Good food, Good selection of beer. Pool tables in the back. It is at Vic Park and Ellesmere NE Corner north of the petro can station.

"Phoenix and Firkin" - Yep one of the Firkin chain of pubs.... (Well, Free houses actually). If you ain't from around here... It is part of a chain of places that try to act like English pubs. Food is OK, Beer is OK, Place can be pricey but it is pretty close to the Rad. Pool and darts.

"K.C. McFlys" - Best wings and longest drive... It is also my Local. Small selection of beers but good breadth. It is on Vic Park south of Lawrence.

I'd reccommend O'Grady's if people don't mind driving a bit.... The Phoenix otherwise.

Ontario Diver:
"O'Grady's" - REAL Irish pub (Owned and frequented by real Irish folk.) Good food, Good selection of beer. Pool tables in the back. It is at Vic Park and Ellesmere NE Corner north of the petro can station.

I love O'Grady's. The accents are great, the beer is warm and the food isn't that bad. And it isn't a "Real" Irish pub. There isn't enough fighting to be "Real". LOL Yes My family are Irish people.

I think the best place would be the one that Seajay can walk to from his hotel ("King George Arms" or "Phoenix and Firkin") but then again a taxi would only be a couple of dollars. O'Grady's is good too. I'm driving anyways so a few minutes either way won't make a difference to me

Ian

That's awfully nice of y'all, but I've got a rental car for the week, so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Whatever y'all think is the favorite... I'm game. :D

Looks like the hotel wouldn't be that great a place... And the group looks too big for a hotel room. 'Sides, I'd like to keep my sweet southern belle happy. :D

Maybe we should party at a Tim Horton's? Just kidding.

It sounds like O'Grady's has the popular vote.

SeaJay:
That's awfully nice of y'all, but I've got a rental car for the week, so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Whatever y'all think is the favorite... I'm game. :D

Looks like the hotel wouldn't be that great a place... And the group looks too big for a hotel room. 'Sides, I'd like to keep my sweet southern belle happy. :D

Maybe we should party at a Tim Horton's? Just kidding.

It sounds like O'Grady's has the popular vote.

Make sure someone gets da man a beaver tail, they must sell them somewhere in TO. I can not attend as I'm looking after Eric_U interests

Back
Top Bottom