I Am Coming To Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay has landed safely and is now in his rental car headed toward Niagara Falls. Unfortunately the cellular rates for his phone turn outrageous near Canada so we couldn't talk long this time.

You guys be kind to him and don't party too hard, he has a long drive and long flight home on Saturday.

PS The weather here was a comfortable 71 degrees today. Currently it is 62 degrees and not too bad. I know that tonight will be a very cold and lonely night though. :(

R

Grrr... OK - possible bad news everyone.

Actually, it's really bad news for a buddy of mine. His mom died this morning. Funeral is Friday morning up in Owen Sound, so getting to Toronto for Friday night may be a bit much. I was looking forward to meeting everyone, some again, some for the first time.

We'll know more about travel arrangements after a day or so, but - bleh. Not good by any count.

SeaJay... y'all are coming up to Canada and not staying at .....
Pleasure Park?
What a shame - a missed opportunity for some real Canadian Fun.

Holy %$@&(*^!!!!! -30 degrees CELCIUS tonight! How in the world do y'all live like this??! :D

I'm here... Everything's great. Hotel's very nice, and the food is fantastic in Toronto. I've already (un)wired my hotel room for high speed, wireless internet. :D

Things are great... Well, except for the temperature. I stopped by Niagra Falls on the way to the hotel today (never seen them before) and when I got back in the car, I had a thin sheet of ice that had frozen right on my face. Can you believe that? I think I actually burst some blood vessels. Y'all are nuts! :D

I'll be checking in here all week. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Did y'all decide on a time/place?

Hey SeaJay - it isn't usually this cold. Ok, you might not believe that. But the good news is there's a Tim Horton's right across the street on Vic Park. At least the last I remember. Tim bits and a hot cup of Tim's coffee ... mmmmm.... now that's they way they were meant to be eaten.

But you wouldn't get to see all the neat wrecks............

And anyway, when the ice is just forming on the surface, it's breathtakingly beautiful. Just hangs suspended in the top 1' of the water, like 3D frost patterns. Awesome, I wish I'd thought to take a picture.

Betcha don't get that where you're from :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom