I Am Coming To Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay:
Too cool!

This is gonna be great... We should throw a hotel party. :biggrin:

Here's what I know so far: I'm taking a plane from Savannah, GA to Buffalo, NY at noon on Tuesday the 13th. When I land in Buffalo, I'm picking up a rental car and driving to Toronto. I'm staying in a hotel that night, and I have to be in the office at 8am Wednesday. I'll be working until 5pm Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (I'll be working with a company called WaveRider, who is a developer of wireless internet products). My plane back to warmworld (LOL) leaves Buffalo at 4pm Saturday, so I'll be leaving Toronto by car around noon or 1pm so that I can catch my plane.

I would love to hook up with y'all. Any evening would be great, for dinner or a drink or whatever... Maybe we should throw a "hotel party" Friday night! Whatcha think?

Looks like Boogie, DiveDude and diverlady might come... No doubt I'll end up meeting some cool people at WaveRider... Let's throw a "Dumb American in Canada" party!

I sure would like to get to meet you guys.

SeaJay, count me in for a beer if you are getting togethe with SB people!!! I am in West End Toronto and my cell is 647-220-3483.

warren_l:
And I'm signed up for my ice training next week - now even the ice can't stop me. :)

Ditto, although I have to wait a little for my course. The lake melted again today (there was open wate everywhere) although after tonight's temps it'll likely be stiff again by morning. (sigh) funny weather

crispos:
SeaJay, count me in for a beer if you are getting togethe with SB people!!! I am in West End Toronto and my cell is 647-220-3483.

Yep, we're all getting together Friday night. C'mon! :D

Where are we meeting, y'all? O'Grady's? (That's the name, right?)

SeaJay:
Yep, we're all getting together Friday night. C'mon! :D

Where are we meeting, y'all? O'Grady's? (That's the name, right?)

Why don't we make it O'Grady's around 9-9:30ish. If that is too late someone else make a suggestion. I am being selfish because I won't be in town until around there and don't want to miss anything. :)

Boogie711:
Hmmm.... SeaJay has to be up early to get back to Buffalo... (to me, anytime before 9am is early.)

He can sleep on the plane!!!!! That's why he isn't fliing the thing.

How about 7ish? I know you won't be there by then, Cobalt, but by the time others finish work and get organized, it would probably be around that time anyway.

What's the consensus?

Diverlady

"O'Grady's" at 7:00 - 7:30 pm Friday would be best for me, any later and I don't know if I can make it as per my previous post.

Ian

PS Seajay - It usually is not this cold in TO and the -30 C you posted is with the wind chill factored in (means it feels like the posted temp with the wind conditions). It was only about -20 C, though you might not care about the distinction. If the temp was actually -30 C then you would appreciate the difference between the two. I have skied in -40 C temp's before and any exposed skin was numb within about 30 seconds :frosty: . The layer of ice on your face was most probably because the falls put a fine mist in the air and this is what froze. Normally, this would not happen (freaked you out a bit though didn't it? :freak: )

IBKuz:
...any exposed skin was numb within about 30 seconds

Hum...

I would say don't expose anything in that weather; that is if you want to keep it. Yikes :34: LOL R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom