I am now a Master Scuba Diver (Wow! Impressive!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, it doesn't count until you sew the patch onto your wetsuit... :wink:

Congratulations!!!

I am tempted to take the Master Scuba Challenge just so that I can impress the chicks at the bar. "Yeah, baby, you know it. I'm a Master Scuba Diver and here's my authentic certificate card."
I've got to move to SoCal; it sounds like "the chicks" set the bar pretty low. :wink:

I think it's awesome. You now have a deeper understanding of multiple dive specialties. Congrats. :D Which ones did you do???

I am still working on mine, NAUI. I have been cramming for the exam over the last year and half.:D
I just have not had enough time to put to it. That work thing.

If it was so lame then no one would have it. 5 specialtities shows that you have more than a casual interest in improving your skills as a diver. You've probably already logged more dives than most vacation divers ever will. Althought it could be skipped as a step there is nothing wrong with using it as a stepping stone in your diving education. You can now either continue adding specialties to your knowledge base or if it interests you move towards the pro ranks. Either way your at a higher status in this sport then most OW divers will ever attain.
Congrats! Good Job!

Congratulations.

There's no need for self deprecation if you put your heart and soul into getting the most out of it.

Many diver choose to simply flash their AOW card to avoid rescue expectations.

Pete

I was going to sew it onto my skin :)

Dedicated to scuba diving AND hardcore. Nice!

Seriously, congratulations on your achievement of becoming a Master Scuba Diver.

Congratulations.
Many diver choose to simply flash their AOW card to avoid rescue expectations.

What do you mean by "rescue expectations"? I mean I guess it might be nice to be able to say "I'm not qualified to help that drowning diver, let's just enjoy the rest of our dive" but I'd think your concience would take over at some point :D (but seriously, what do you mean)

I think it's awesome. You now have a deeper understanding of multiple dive specialties. Congrats. :D Which ones did you do???

I actually have more than the required 5 specialty C cards... in my entirely shameless card collecting career I've been deep, navigated, been buoyant, taken digital pictures (which is a two part class, I only have a C card for part one), given oxygen (both PADI and DAN which doesn't count but it is still an extra C-Card), worked on equipment, become AWARE (both project aware and reef c-cards) and sucked on some Nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom