I blew it - but it ended well... thankfully (longish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
Sorry I'll miss you while you're out here Ken. A guy just has to leave the water and party sometime!

I'll be back after we return from Belize - probably in August.

Party on, Wayne.

---
Ken

Not trying to throw stones here since we have beat the buddy pre-dive check to death. In Fundies we also did modified S-Drill and modified valve drill on the boat after the head to toe check. I assume that is Standard?

JWU42:
Not trying to throw stones here since we have beat the buddy pre-dive check to death. In Fundies we also did modified S-Drill and modified valve drill on the boat after the head to toe check. I assume that is Standard?

I know what the instructors do on real dives, but I don't know exactly what is taught right now. After the head to toe, the best practice is to check your valve again and make sure your long hose is clear after you hit the water and before your descent. The reason for teaching valve drills in DIRF on single tanks in the first place is so that, if all of these checks fail, you can immediately turn your gas on without having to bolt to the surface. A check on the surface prevents the need to do this and helps confirm you can reach your valves properly.

Thanks for the info. Nice to see some Houstonite's that I might be able to learn from in the coming months/years so I can improve my skills and get past my provisional from Fundies :)

(Sorry for the slight hi-jack)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom