I can not say enough about the Prism2!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bucket of sorb costs about $140 for 45lbs. The Prism holds 6lbs.

So, if my math is right, about $19 to fill it. 19/6 = $3.16 per hour. Add in O2 fill for $4 and Diluent fill for $4 and you're up to about $4.50/hour. Of course, you'll have things like Oxygen Sensors, O-Rings, Flapper Valves, etc. But it'll come out to roughly $10 per hour when all is said and done.

I seriously considered the Prism2 before going with the Optima. The size and weight of the unit, ease of service (I live in FL, Hollis is on the other side of the country), and a few other important factors made the decision for me.

$19 in sorb lasts 6 hours.

$19 in sorb lasts 6 hours.

Thank you!! I was trying to figure out how long it lasts and how much it costs per fill.

---------- Post added October 23rd, 2015 at 02:14 AM ----------

Is there a shelf life limit for the sorb?

It lasts about 5 years.

The Prism 2 is rated for only 240 minutes 4 hours, not 6 hours per the Hollis manual.

At 1.3lpm in 40f

It'll do 6 hours easily.

I, personally, am not willing to bet my life on it.

I am. I've seen people do nearly double.
I'm not at 1.3lpm and I'm diving 70f water

---------- Post added October 22nd, 2015 at 11:00 PM ----------

Do ccr from different brands differ in these specs (how long the sorb lasts and how much they use per fill)?

Yes they differ in quantity and efficiency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom