I have a couple questions about getting my DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GQMedic once bubbled...

BUT... Remember, you MAY have liability for a diver years after you've dealt with them last, and if you are NOT insured at the time they FILE (not the last time you've seen them), you're in the soup (A very ugly position).

I've never understood ( or agreed ) with that crap. If I had a car accident today, next month lost my drivers license and car, cancelled car insurance, and then next year got sued for the accident that happened today, I would be covered.

Why the !@#$ do pro's have to purchase liability insurance for years after the fact? It makes no sense and seems like a scam by the underwriters or something.

"I've never understood ( or agreed ) with that crap. If I had a car accident today, next month lost my drivers license and car, cancelled car insurance, and then next year got sued for the accident that happened today, I would be covered.

Why the !@#$ do pro's have to purchase liability insurance for years after the fact? It makes no sense and seems like a scam by the underwriters or something."

I couldn't agree more. I'm not a fan of paying ~$700.00 a year just because I might get sued in a shotgun lawsuit by some 18 yr. old that I certified when he was eleven who managed to go get hurt while diving.

It makes me think twice sometimes.

Just got my card about a couple of weeks ago and went through the insurance purchase thing. I was able to purchase directly with the insurance company or purchase through my LDS which is a discount. However, if you purchase through the LDS, which I chose to do, you are only insured while doing stuff for the LDS. Just something to think about.

Also, I could swear that in my course the materials said that to be an active DM, you had to have insurance.

instead of us doing a lengthy search...why couldn't these other insur. companies be listed in your post

How about because the subject has already been brought up several times & I think if someone is interested/motivated enough in the topic it they should be willing to do their OWN RESEARCH on this Board?

Afterall, the ones who responded to the other threads already did all the REAL work by finding out the info in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom