I have a problem....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi ya grouper,

It's too bad we all have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and be "divoholics". Yes, it's true. I too, am a divoholic...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Welcome aboard.

Your addiction will never heal.... It will get worse and worse and worse...there is not a cure....

...and more than that you now have a second addition the ScubaBoard...

....I am sorry...I can't help you...I am more addicted than you are and I am sure that you will get worse..

Poor soul....

Manogr :wink:

all

It is nice to know I'm not alone.

I don't think we're at the stage of sitting round in a circle sharing and bonding, blaming our parents/jobs/big fish for our addiction just yet, but it only seems like a matter of time.

Thanks for the advice and the Texas Shakespeare quotes.

See you on the beach/boards

mw=-)

It has been three days since my last descent into salt water. It's hard, but I'm trying to live one day at a time. The temptation to get wet is always there. I need the support of my fellow addicts to save me from the life-destroying habits associated with this affliction - habits such as spending all of my money on gear, browsing Rodales and Orbitz on the company computer while I'm supposed to be working, and neglecting the housework and the pets on weekends so I can go swim with strange fish.

Diving has turned my life upside down. I don't know who I am any more. My friends whisper behind my back. We have nothing in common anymore.

I wish I could control my habit instead of letting it control me. Can this board help?

I must admit I am not a diveaholic...I just enjoy living in a liquid medium.

Welcome to the board!

I also suffer from dive addiction. And also have the side effect of scubaboard addiction. My husband (and dive buddy) does not have the symptoms I have. In fact, when I asked him what his favorite aspect of diving was, his reply "It makes my wife happy."

Hi Michael - welcome to Scubaboard - aka support group for dive-aholics!

Sandy

Originally posted by grouper
Hello

My name is Michael and I'm a ........ divoholic.

Hello Kayla!

Good to see you made it over here. This board is chock full of invaluable advice from other scuba-addicts. Also a good place to live vicariously through others' dive trips (though nothing beats the real thing!)

By the way - I am working on a trip report for our Blackbeard's trip. Just need to get some of my thoughts together...

Sandy

Originally posted by raviepoo
...It has been three days since my last descent into salt water. It's hard, but I'm trying to live one day at a time. ...I wish I could control my habit instead of letting it control me. Can this board help?

"HELP?" Ha! We're your ENABLERS! Best tell your significant others to join Dive-anon or learn to snort compressed air.

Back
Top Bottom