I have about $600 to spend and I need help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okm here goes my opinion. Get an Apeks ATX40 primary and octo from diveinn.com They are $330 and use the gauges from your Dacor regs. As someone mentioned early I would start shopping ebay. I managed to pick up a very slightly used Sea Quest Raider with an Air Source for $330, which is about a 1/3 of the asking price in most LDS's. You can usually pick up a good deal on Trans Pac II's. If she is like my fiance and set up using a stnadard jacket I always see Dacor BC's going cheap or you could also check out leisure pro. From my own searching I did find that if you have any interest in scuba pro regs you are probably better off buying them locally and getting the full manufacturer's warranty because there was little difference in the prices I found online and what I paid for my Mk25/S600.

After checking out Leisure Pro I think you should definitely consider checking out their BC selection, they have some very nice prices on BC's with a number of them priced below $300 including the Mares Juilee whcih is a very nice piece of equipment and several women's models. And doing a little more browsing, LP's prices seem to be inline with Dive Inn's, they seemed to ahve changed that recently.

My suggestion is order from Leisure Pro - Mares Axis Reg and Octo - $200, Gauge - $100, and Sherwood Avid BCD - $315 or go with the Aqualung Maverick BCD for $250

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom