I just got certified!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XPATMANX

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, i am just really happy to announce that i have been certified as an open water diver!!! Althugh i am only 15 with minimal money to spend on gear etc... I am verry happy.I do have one question though.

When you were being certified for your "open water diver" where did your instructor take you for your open water dives? They took me to soem shipwreaks which were really cool ( although we were not allowed to go into the ship)

Hello, as you know ive just been certified. I would really like to give a hand to Rick Murcar (my dive instructor) for being great! He was a great teacher and even tought me stuff such as how to get my sac rate which you dont even need to know for padi open water but really helps.

If anyone would be interested in taking courses from this instructor you can check out Genesis Scuba Diving Institute of Florida. He was a great instructor and i thank him. :D

Congrats and welcome to scuba.

My instructor took us to a cold Quarry we didn't get to see the cool stuff that you did. I have since been on trips to Clear warm water to see wrecks, reefs, cool animals.

My Instructor took me to Hudson Grotto (vis was about 15 ft at 25 feet deep) my second dive was to Blue Grotto in Williston FL, tha tis a great place to dive as a beginer, grat vis, cool things to see. Nice and deep.

thats awsome. i got certified at 14 and have not slowed down since. im only 16 now but i have been doing so many dives since the day of my certification. for my training dives i went to Dutch Springs, which is a old "lake".

thats awsome. i got certified at 14 and have not slowed down since. im only 16 now but i have been doing so many dives since the day of my certification. for my training dives i went to Dutch Springs, which is a old "lake".

Congrats XPATMANX, welcome to the club.

Actually Dutch is an old limestone quarry with a spring underneath it. it started flooding almost right from the start and when the quarry shut down it was allowed to fill. I think it is about 100 feet deep in some spots, though I have only hit 80 there so far.

ha i know dutch is really an old quarry but now they are pushing for it to be called a lake. ive been to some deep parts but yes, i dont believe it gets deaper then about 120fsw

Welcome to a wonderful world (as Louis Armstrong reminds us occasionally).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom