I must dive, NOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Double Grove, Sept 29, 2004
Arrive at the Grove, to find 1 foot seas, absolutely NO current, and 50-60 ft vis at depth.
We moored on the bow; I buddied with Brent, while the other couple did their own dive.
Worked the entire front half of the ship back to the Well deck. Did several short penetrations.
At the forward end of the well deck there we several very large schools of small fish.
Saw a good-sized Jewfish that seems to have a home amidships, starboard (120’).

Max Depth 118fsw, time 55 minutes. Spent our safety stop playing with some interesting corkscrew things, that I will need to get my Creatures book to ID.

One hour SI, move to ball that connects above the flight deck. Still NO current.
Went down & played around the Props for a while, then swam around the stern & spent some time in the back half of the well deck. Lots of Black Grouper around.

Max depth 127, time 47 min.

Great diving down here, come on down guys.

I am spending the next two days doing a Nav specialty class that will finish my requirements for Master Diver. There is room on the boat this weekend, and if enough people want to come down I will talk to Brian about a second boat.

Anybody feeling dry up there?

Kurt--so you're out with Brent all weekend; AM and PM Dives? I'm doing the Fri. PM dives in Boynton, but could come down for Sat. afternoon/night dives. If you think there's rooms available, I could stay the night and do a Sun. AM set as well.
If you catch this tonight, can you let Brent know, and I'll call @ lunchtime and get things in motion?
It'll be great to see ya! Anyone else want to join?...let's make it a group event!!
I can't wait to get away from Hurricane Alley--we had so much rain/flooding here tonight it took me two hours to get home from work, with no traffic lights working....a 5 mile drive....AAAACKK!! This is not what I mean when I say I want to get wet!

simbrooks:
You guys need to stop using the same avatar - get confusing :wink:

Mike, what is your take on the shore at the moment and likelihood to continue clearing, are the wind and waves starting to die down yet?
It's very quiet now. I'm hoping it will hold became if it does it'll be KAYAK weather!!!

showboat:
I am hoping that I can go diving this weekend on Sat morning..... How bad is the pier Mike
There's only one more LIGHT left at night about half way out, making something of a hazard I would think, but it's still runs all the way out to the place it used to lol.

stu_in_fl:
I was thinking of Sat afternoon - maybe with Island Ventures (if they are going to do the Speigel Grove)..even maybe a night dive as well....let me know if this fits in with your plans and I'll join you.

I will check with Brian & Brent about specific locations, both have a few people already booked.
Will post tonight if this stupd laptop doen't crap out again.

Krista, whay are you calling me kurt?
There are plenty of rooms, the place is deserted.
Yes I will be diving AM & PM, Sat & Sun.

Hope some more people can make it, let me know..

Hi,
just to let you know, I booked with Bluewater Divers for Sat pm (they weren't sure which wrecks they'd go to - said he'd take a vote on the boat)..could be up for a night dive too if one is going out (he needed a minimum # of people)

Stu, looking forward to meeting you,
Krista, looking forward to seeing you again.
Including KeyLargoBrent. that makes 4 ScubaBoarder's on the boat Sat, Anybody else?
Check in 12:30 , boat leaves at 1:00.
Mile Marker 100 between Holiday Inn & Ramada.
Right next to the African Queen.
Weather is great, vis is only fair, but the water is warm.
Come on down.....

stu_in_fl:
Hi,
just to let you know, I booked with Bluewater Divers for Sat pm (they weren't sure which wrecks they'd go to - said he'd take a vote on the boat)..could be up for a night dive too if one is going out (he needed a minimum # of people)
Stu,

If you want to dive the Spiegel Grove, I don't think anyone will object. Lance never seems to tire of it! What about you Krista? Where to you want to dive this weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom