I need a Dive Computer! Advice please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have the Aeris Atmos AI and I love it. I prefer the AI on the console with the compass on the computer. I do not like anything on my wrists because I dive for Lobster a lot.

TOM

Don't all of the console untis give me the remaining air pressure on an analog gauge with the computer on a different gauge screen?

If so, can't I find what I am looking for in the $300 or so range?

saturnkk:
Don't all of the console untis give me the remaining air pressure on an analog gauge with the computer on a different gauge screen?

If so, can't I find what I am looking for in the $300 or so range?

Yes, the console is basically just an spg and a puck computer in the same package. If you want, you can remove the computer from the console later and put it in a wrist computer boot if you decide you like it better on your wrist.

You can get what you're looking for (without the compass) here.....

http://www.diversdirect.com/item/Aeris - Atmos 2 Console_ID46480

Don't think of the console = computer, that's what confused things a bit here. Think of the console as just the blob of plastic that is holding stuff and the computer is just one instrument in it. Consoles are generally sold as a complete unit for one price with all the instruments you need in some form or other, but you can usually swap things in & out. You can have a computer in your console that is directly connected to the air and shows you how much on the same instrument/screen. Or you can have a computer in your console that is not connected to the air, with a separate analog pressure gauge that is.

saturnkk:
Is that the one that you can add a compass and knife to?

What does downloadable to 250 dives mean?

Probably not the knife, but I'm pretty sure the compass can be added on.

I also don't know what they're talking about with the 250 dives thing....they say the same about the Aeris AI (which is what I have), and I can't find anything about that in the manual, nor have I ever heard of this.

The computer stores about 20 dives (speaking from memory, again, I have the AI). If it is somehow referring to the number of dives allowed in the software, well, you can always start another log. The software allows multiple logs.

Saturn,
rethink your plan, check out a wrist mount Oceanic Veo 250, then just go with a analog pressure guage only.....nice computer.
Stay away from Suunto, my mosquito is WAY too conservative, thats why I am now using the V250......

saturnkk:
But doesn't the pressure gauge and computer come with this unit?

Yes, they are both included in this unit.

Back
Top Bottom