I need some basic advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounded to me like he was talking about a simple hose open at the surface rather than a snuba system with a compressor.

They are talking about using a 30CF pony connected to a long hose, it will provide oxygen, but that's not the point is it, they are still just diving without any training on a tether, and don't realize the dangers of even going past 4 feet and coming up with that air in their lungs like most fee divers do, asking for a huge injury...

---------- Post added July 21st, 2014 at 11:05 AM ----------

In SNUBA there is a tank of compressed air on a small float. There is no compressor attached. There is a long hose that attaches to the back and then forward to single regulator. So you are breathing like scuba but no bcd etc.

SNUBA International, Inc. - Introducing people to the underwater world since 1988

The hose is 20 ft but if you are towing the tank then it will be less than 20 ft. Also they usually pick shallow dive sites.

Right, but the danger here is that someone goes out and makes their own little SNUBA set up, and goes down 20ft and then decides to take a breath, free dive off it, and then rise to the surface without releasing it (like any other free diver)... that's a mixture for disaster

Any way you cut it...a really bad idea. Don't do it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jpotts86, post a short summary of your trip. Let us know if you go for certification = )

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE --Let this simply be a wind up thread.
Op --what you are thinking really is such a silly idea on so many levels

Has anyone heard how this turned out yet? I hope they listened to all of you and stayed out of the caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom