i need suggestions for a Semidry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do know about the flexibility and lead needed differences. I just would like to extend my diving season other than just july august locally. i haven't really considered a drysuit because of the price point. I am going to reach out to local stores this week and see what brands each carries to try these on if at all possible. If not Leisure pro has a good return policy on items that don't fit.
I have used a harveys 3mm full suit. i had seals in it and had to deliberately flood the suit to get water in it at the neck, that is how water tight it is. very very warm in 60's water.

I dive a ScubaPro NovaScotia 6.5mm in the Puget Sound (been about 50-52F at depth the last couple of weeks) and it's a great suit for what I paid ($180 used). I pair it with a Pinnacle 7mm dry hood and 5mm gloves (replacing them with SEAC gloves which should seal better). It's not totally dry but does a good job keeping a lot of water out.

Biggest complaint is the back zip (have to have a buddy help) so that and some wear on the seals led me to buy the Bare hooded semidry as a new primary (will probably DIY repair the SB and keep it as a backup). Will see how it does when I get it next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom