I really did it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings fellow scuba divers! :D I'll tell you a little about myself to start off with, nothing long and drawn out just how I became interested in the world of scuba diving. :snorkel:
It all started with my husband, he suggested that we try scuba diving to see if it was something we would enjoy doing together. Now I won't lie, my first thought was oh crap :***: he's having some mid-life crisis and probably thinks he hasn't done enough in his life, so naturally I said "sure hon sounds great!" My second thought was hey it's cheaper then him learning how to fly :anakinpod so I better jump at the chance to save some money, little did I know :dropmouth . Needless to say the next day he was taking me to some local dive shops to look around and see which one we felt comfortable with so we could sign up for the classes. I still didn't think we were actually going to go through with it but it did seem exciting.:headscrat
One week later after LOTS of reading :1book: we started our classes. The next day we were getting in the pool with the gear on and that’s when I realized that there was nothing to this, it was actually pretty easy. Then I went underwater and tried to breath out of my mouth instead of my nose. Lets just say that didn't work out very well for me the first few times I tried.:help: After a couple of hours I had the hang of it and I was ready to go. It was now time for the open water test and I was ready. It's a whole different world down there with catfish that have heads bigger then mine! :hai:
I've been scuba diving several times now and I must say I love every minute of it! I'm so grateful that I agreed to do this with my husband we have the time of our lives.:yl2jump: There is just one thing I wish the instructors would have told us when we started our training and that would be something along the lines of you will go into debt VERY quickly buying your scuba gear.:bawling: I think we are taking out a second mortgage next week, I'm not sure. But all in all I love diving and I'm sure I will pick up some tips from the boards. :D

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Ahhh. It's just the initial shock that gets you..:eek5: ..It actually gets much worse. Then you start buying stuff....:lol: Have fun!!

Guppie Girl:
..... There is just one thing I wish the instructors would have told us when we started our training and that would be something along the lines of you will go into debt VERY quickly buying your scuba gear.:bawling: I think we are taking out a second mortgage next week, I'm not sure. But all in all I love diving and I'm sure I will pick up some tips from the boards. :D
Doesn't everyone have a second mortgage to pay for dive gear?!?! I don't understand...is it a problem?
Just kidding....good luck with the new hobby. Life will never be the same, as you'll get to see things only few get to see. Enjoy it
C-Dawg

Welcome to the board!
When I started diving...I realized I would rather have dive gear than jewelry...all vacations had to have someplace to dive....
Its been several years and I haven't looked back. I love it.
K

Yeah, well my fiance and I started out racing cars, then got into diving as our second expensive hobby. Not too bad so far 'cause we're still renting our gear, but I've been searching eBay and the classified's here, so it probably won't be long...

Welcome to your new addiction, stay wet often to avoid withdraw

You'll also love it here. You'll find that you will never have enough gear, and when you do, you'll always find a new piece to replace something old. I work part time in a LDS, and it seems that every time I go to work I come home with something else.

Enjoy,

Bill

Welcome :)

Just remember, you can tak emoney with you when the end comes, so you may as well spend it now and have fun!

Z...

Welcome to the most expensive addiction you'll ever love! :)

BTW...I think you may have broken the record for most smileys in a first post. :bang:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom