I think I met a dir padi instructor today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's once bubbled...
After surfacing from my dive today I got the the typical lecture of how I am going to die because I did not have a buddy.

You should have turned around slowly, looked him straight in the eye, and said:

That's strange, I didn't start out solo.........

Bomber once bubbled...

You should have turned around slowly, looked him straight in the eye, and said:

That's strange, I didn't start out solo.........

Oh, I can't wait to use this one!!!

Thanks bomber!

TJ

Did he claim to be a GUE instructor, or DIR?

boomx5 He was a padi instructor I just made the reference because that is the same brainwashed mentality that the dir folks have (Like if you put the inflater hose on the wrong side you are going to die because it is not g13 approved). I believe everyone has a right to there own opinion however when your opinion crosses over into threating me and telling me I am going to die if I dont do it your way it becomes a problem. as far as using a gun for self defense or needing a buddy to bail me out in an emergency I take the blind faith approach. I believe god will not put me in a situation we (meaning me and god) cannot get out of. As far as death, when it my time to go nothing I can do will stop it. If it happens in a scuba environment that means I get to die happy.

As far as death, when it my time to go nothing I can do will stop it. If it happens in a scuba environment that means I get to die happy.

I have dove solo several times and am not one to preach against it. I no longer dive solo as i have seen divers dragged out of the water by their buddies one to many times. If anything think of your wife and kid and their future should you drown. As far as dying happy in a scuba enviroment that is a bunch BS. There is nothing happy about drowning especially for your family members.

if you believe in predestiny(spelling?) you will understand what I am talking about. I believe everyone has a predetermined date of death and nothing I can do will stop it. So when it is your time to die it dont matter if it is of a heart attack or drowning you are still going to be dead. I dont want this to turn into a religious discussion but that is my view on life. I am not trying to offend anyone here I just wanted to talk amongst friends and get this off my chest. I just find it annoying when someone uses there opinion to try and fortell my future. If I saw someone doing something I percieved as wrong I would not go up and say you are going to die as a resault of your actions. Thanks for listening.

if you believe in predestiny(spelling?) you will understand what I am talking about. I believe everyone has a predetermined date of death and nothing I can do will stop it. So when it is your time to die it dont matter if it is of a heart attack or drowning you are still going to be dead. I dont want this to turn into a religious discussion but that is my view on life. I am not trying to offend anyone here I just wanted to talk amongst friends and get this off my chest. I just find it annoying when someone uses there opinion to try and fortell my future. If I saw someone doing something I percieved as wrong I would not go up and say you are going to die as a resault of your actions. Thanks for listening.
Never thought about it that way...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom