I think the competition to be the best travel BC just got a lot tougher!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott,

Looks great! Just when I have been eyeballing the Express Tech...

So, any word on price?

What is the lift capacity of the bladder?

Will the bladder be replaceable?

I'll be looking for my first BC for warm water diving and this one is looking quite good. I hope I can find a place to try it on once it's released.

Been divin' with SeaQuest's "Zuma" for about a year now..rolls up, folds up..light weight..and sturdy....the inflator takes up more room than the BC..between pool and ocean must have used it over 400 times.....didn't think it would hold up to the abuse I subject it to..but it does!
It's a back inflate/wing type (like the zeagle version)
Yes it's got ditchable weight pockets..standard..I added back pockets to the tank band (optional extra)..another optional extra is the Air II (or III) whatever they call the integrated octo/inflator now..mine is an older model inflator (took it off my old SeaQuest Diva)...it's changeable between most all Augalung/Seaquest products..in the pool I use the standard deflator, a yoke reg with a standard octo..and a 50c alum tank..for the ocean I switch out the inflator and use a 80c steel HP w/a din system..just a press gauge w/ a wrist computer
.. (I don't have to make two trips just to load my gear on the boat..it all fits in my gear bag..(crew loads my tank)
Also like the movable chest strap for a woman's shape.. (women have a generally shorter torso too..the shoulder straps adjust way down.. it makes for a more comfortable fit as a uni sex BC.
The Zuma has been very good for me.
Zeagle makes a fine product/not sayin it doesn't//nice warranty service too..the wing looks kinda small tho (wonder what kind of lift?)

Last edited:
Hmm, seeing this BCD tells me Zeagle is listening. Over the years I have used several different Zeagle BCDs (Rangers, Concepts). I have liked them but found that for travel they are very bulky. Given that many divers travel and now with more and more weight restrictions mfg really need to rethink their designs.

MSRP is $429

30lb lift bladder.

The inner bladder is 15mm urethane (just like the Ranger BC bladder) and is removable if you put a huge puncture in in - or patchable for pinholes!!

Scott,

Looks great! Just when I have been eyeballing the Express Tech...

So, any word on price?

What is the lift capacity of the bladder?

Will the bladder be replaceable?

I'll be looking for my first BC for warm water diving and this one is looking quite good. I hope I can find a place to try it on once it's released.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom