I used the HC7 & Amphibico housing this weekend(first time).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crimson Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
I took it up to Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA (quarry). There were pro’s and con’s – I suppose the biggest pro was that it didn’t leak :D

Does anyone here use this housing? I had a hard time using the controls – actually was unable to turn it off (suppose to hold the trigger and mode at the same time). The zoom control is so slow that it’s a waste of time – major con !

I am annoyed that when I clicked the mode button that it did nothing – was I suppose to hold the mode? Will this housing and camera work the same on land as in the water – by that I mean can I practice the controls from my hammock tonight, or does it need to be wet to function?

Aside from that – I was able to film, I found it incredibly easy to maintain buoyancy and trim with this housing -- very comfortable design. The camera did phenomenally, considering I was in Dutch those I showed it to this weekend (familiar with Dutch) was amazed at the clarity and color.....and if you know Dutch, it’s not clear!

I am not familiar with the Amphibico housings for the HC-7, but I would be surprised if it had to be immersed to work. Try it on land.

Was the zoom slow or the AF or both? Whats you definition of 'slow'.

I am looking at upgrading to HD and am very interested in your results.

Good luck

Does anyone here use this housing? I had a hard time using the controls – actually was unable to turn it off (suppose to hold the trigger and mode at the same time). The zoom control is so slow that it’s a waste of time – major con ! I have the EVO HD and used it in COZ for the first time last week worked great. Now mine did the same thing problem is that I didnt hold the two buttons long enough.

Now as for the zoom try holding the tigger button and the zoom in or out button the same time. Should move faster. I know on mine I can zoom out fast by doing that. Just havnt tryed zooming in that way. AND Not flooding sweet always a good thing.:D I have the monitor on mine and to take off the weights once I did that handle awesome. I just love mine.... Now to edit my work :11: boy its going to be long nights....................Mark

The AF was fantastic and being in the quarry there is a host of particulate in the water and the AF was not effected.

If you hold the auto focus button its about 1/2 as slow to zoom in/out versus the camera in your hands filming on land. I reviewed a few minutes of the film right after the dive and people huddled around to check it out --- a few were familiar with underwater video and was impressed by what I had captured in general not to mention under the conditions.

Do you have the monitor on the back of your unit? If you do do you like it? Mark

I do have te monitor and I loved it - very easy to see, there are adjustments for contrast, brightness etc. on the inside of the unit -- I did not adjust the factory setting and it worked well.

The trigger is suppose to start and stop filming - is I push it with the zoom wouldn't the camera turn off ?

The mode button and the trigger button should turn the unit off if held for 3sec or something like that. Try zoom and the right trigger button at the same time. Should move faster. Now I only used it to zoom out faster not in. So Im not sure on that. Im at work or I would try it on mine. Good question I'll have to try it when I get home. Mark

I noticed with mine for zooming the key is to start zooming first then press the trigger. If you don't do this you can stop the recording. Zoom is really fast with this method. For turn off make sure you press the mode button just before pressing the trigger otherwise it either switches modes or starts recording. Pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

your right. I am home from work and it does work as you said. In a couple weeks I'll get it back underwater and try it out there, but on land it zooms at normal speed both in and out.

Is there any indication as to when its filming vs. when its not? Before I went under water I thought I was filming but it did not film until I was under water (which is why I asked if it needed to be underwater) -- the display was showing the images, but nothing was on the tap until the unit went under water?

The CAM light should flash when its recording. Also one thing you can do is chg a setting in the cam. I think its the LCD screen out opt in the menu. Turn that on and you should have a display show up on your monitor. That helped me alot boy alot. I had the same trouble with mine thought I was filming but was not. Once you go HD there no going back......... Mark

Back
Top Bottom