I was assulted, got a photo of the suspect!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VERY Nice Picture! Looks like she's waving. You can frame that one

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to move to California.

Great shot. We call these buggers "Clowns of the deep" and they truly are. I've had them grab my fins and shake them. When I turn around they bee-line it behind the nearest rock and then peak out from behind it and wait for you to stop paying attention to them so they can sneak up from behind you again.
Jason

BadFish:
Very friendly Harbor seal, Sea Fan Grotto, Catalina Island, CA

Yeah, you have to watch out. There are rogue members of that gang running rackets the entire coast of California. Sometimes they only steal fish. Sometimes their vics are never seen again, but every so often, a chewed fin will pop to the surface as a warning to others.

Awesome picture! I finally got my camera back so hopefully I'll be able to capture some of their cute mugs on film. Last time I was down with a camera, there were spearfishers in the water so the one that buzzed us gave us a quick "you're not interesting" and sped off before I could take anything.

BadFish:
He/She came up behind me and grabbed my leg.....

How'd he/she do that? Nice picture anyway. :11:

I too used your picture as background on my PC. Hope you don't mind.

Randy

Tom Winters:
Wow - something swimming through the kelp and clomping me in the leg, I sure wouldn't be thinking, "Oh, it must be a seal playing..."

LOL thats what i thought when she hit me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom