I was just teasing, Dweeb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opiniongirl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dear Dweeb,

I have been informed that some members found my bobblehead teasing out of line. Let me say that all ribbing was exactly that, ribbing, and if I did indeed hurt your feelings I do apologize.

Quite frankly, I find your bantering clever - so do hope that you will accept my apology...truce?

Sincerely,
Opiniongirl

opiniongirl:
Dear Dweeb,

I have been informed that some members found my bobblehead teasing out of line. Let me say that all ribbing was exactly that, ribbing, and if I did indeed hurt your feelings I do apologize.

Quite frankly, I find your bantering clever - so do hope that you will accept my apology...truce?

Sincerely,
Opiniongirl
My guess...he doesn't care. The fact that you had to lash out after the thrashing you took on the buddy breathing thread just makes it funnier.

opiniongirl:
Dear Dweeb,

Sincerely,
Opiniongirl

I can promise you two things about Dweeb.

He sees your post as a broadcast capitulation of a logic debate via ad-hom attack (which is the high point of his day), and finds the opinions of your dispraising fellow members laughable.

Keysdrifter454:

He sees your post as a broadcast capitulation of a logic debate via ad-hom attack (which is the high point of his day), and finds the opinions of your dispraising fellow members laughable.
LOL!

Keysdrifter454:

You are half right. I saw the ad hominem itself as a capitulation of sorts. It was a tacit admission that she lacked a compelling logical argument, or at least that she felt the need to supplement it with a personal attack. Her apology I find admirable, as it shows character. There is no shame in admitting one has erred. Shame lies in adamantly defending the indefensible.

I find the admonitions from others that she mentions beyond laughable.

Opiniongirl, those who admonished you for "hurting my feelings" are not fit to clean your toilet, let alone criticize you. Ignore them.

If anything, I found the entire exchange.....arousing.

Coogeeman:
Your're one sick puppy dweeb! :eyebrow:

Why, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day.
Thank you.

However, one must question why you find it sick to be aroused by a woman who challenges one. Do you perhaps prefer them subservient?

David P:
Damn, I aced college english yet dweeb makes me pull out the ol dictionary...

I didn't ace it; I tested out.
It helps to have a parent who minored in it.

Back
Top Bottom