Iberostar Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay away from the units right next to the dive shop unless you want to here the tanks banging first thing in the morning. Also stay away from the units right next to the grill unless you like smelling grease smoke.

Also, see my post from a month ago or so on the Iberostar regarding a wide spread outbreak of Montezuma's Revenge. I would recommend being very careful with raw fruits and vegetables, salsa, etc.

Tank clanging in the morning is a good sound. And we have never had any food problems it the 14 weeks that we have stayed there

I stayed in #22. Very close to the dive center, and couldn't hear them starting up the compressors in the morning. And, close enough so you can get to the room and back during short boat stops between the AM and PM dives. But, a long walk to the dining room.

After a week, I still got lost looking for my room, no matter how little or much alcohol I consumed ;-). With #23 on the main road to the dive center, made it a bit easier, but I never did figure out how to navigate within the grounds. Then again, my underwater navigation isn't all the great either.

I found the rooms to be plenty big for two. We had two double beds. We stored most of our gear in the bins in the dive locker - bring a small lock of your own if want, but the equipment shed is locked at nights - and the dive bags/luggage fit fine under the table. There a a few shelves in the closet, not great room but enough. There is in in room fridge that they keep stocked, as well as a small safe.

We had a coffee maker in the room; if there's not one there, just ask. And, whenever we ran out of beer in the room fridge, ask any of the staff to refill for you. We ran out often!

We were there in November, 2007 - no problems with dinner reservations in the "full service" restaurants; although many in our group found the steak house to be very lacking. There was always plenty of room with no waiting in the large dining room. We found the buffets to be very good, nice selection, good food.

As to the nightly shows, it may be your thing, maybe not; but I did almost split a gut laughing at the "Mr. Iberostar" show. Caution about "volunteering".

If you do get tired of the buffets, Alberto's, a short walk on the sand behind the dive shack, has great fresh lobster - not inexpensive, especially since you're in an all inclusive, but, it is a change.

And, like Dave said, don't loose our towel card.

You'll had a great time.

I think I stayed in building 24... I was never bothered by any noise. I thought the place was great! There was a coffee maker in my room but I would rather just pop out to the restaurant 50 m away and get one from there.

The only downside is that the water is rocky...You can swim off the end of the pier though. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom