ideas and suggestions on the design of the "perfect" dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still hopeful that this is just busy people oversight, or staff changes, and human error, but the red flag is definitely up for me.
No excuse at this point. It's been a few weeks. And these were simple questions, that would have taken minutes to provide quick one line answers.

I did get reply via email to the info adress. Somewhat belated, didn't get specific other then they will adress the older preorder issue later, and that they are on track for manufacturing and certification.
Did they say they were going also address the issue of multiple unanswered questions on a forum?

Sorry, but if you're going to have an online presence, especially in forums and other social media, you need to take the time to actually educate yourself about the technology a little bit. Or if you do hire someone to handle it for you, it's a MUST that they're not the only one with the log ins and access to those accounts. Otherwise THIS is what happens! Even after people have said the red flags are up, still no response. I realize it's a small start up, and they may be busy with other things, but this this still doesn't instill too much confidence. Just look at how fast social media can kill the reputation of a large known brand these days. It's even more important for a small unknown company to stay on top of this stuff. Hire an intern if you have to!

I really want this. I mean REALLY want it. But like others, I am concerned by the lack of responsiveness to questions, especially in a small startup company. There is always a concern about spending money with a smallcompany simply because you don't know if they'll be around next month, even if the product is a good one.
They started out with a strong online presence here, and given how big SB is in the online dive community, I think it's unwise to let that go. How long has it been since we saw a reply from their rep here?

They really should just close this thread. The facebook page does seem to be pretty active, and I got a response within a few hours to my initial question from here.

Fellow Divers,
Sincere apologies for leaving you with so many unanswered questions for so long! I was visiting an awesome factory with the Scuba Capsule's "Gold Master Candidate", and we are on our way back to Florida now, so let me catch up with all of you within next few days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom