Identify This...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You WIN another year on Scuba Board!!! Congratulations!!!

Where can you get one? I don't know. This is the last of 25 Scott Koplin made for Oxycheq. The only other pneumatic fillers I've seen are for yoke valves.

Uncle Pug:
You WIN another year on Scuba Board!!! Congratulations!!!

Great!!! Another year with little or no work getting done once I sit in front of this darn monitor!

Where can you get one? I don't know. This is the last of 25 Scott Koplin made for Oxycheq. the only ones I seen other than Scott's are for yoke valves.

I bet a decent machine shop with experience in pneumatics could pop these right out.

What do you figure that would cost for the first one (inlcuding design, engineering and product liability insurance?) After that on a per-piece basis?

I'm guessing the first one would cost right in the neighborhood of $20k, but thats all dependent on the prevailing wages of engineers in the area, and the cost of insurance, but the materials themselves would be pretty low.

Just curious on it working with din, some din valves don't really have anything that allows them to clamp, yoke style. My 300 bar thermos seem to be designed to not allow a yoke on them safely. Do these work with thermo 300 bar valves?

The filler's yoke is drilled and tapped to take a set-screw to mate with the dimple in the back of a yoke valve. The o-ring face of the bolt is then removed with an allen wrench to allow for filling yoke valved tanks.

But for DIN valves there is no need for the set-screw as the bolt extends into the DIN valve and is secured there by air pressure.

Having the bolt inside the DIN valve is even more secure than having a set-screw in the dimple of a yoke valve. Plus... the higher the pressure, the tighter it is clamped.

Uncle Pug:
What do you figure that would cost for the first one (inlcuding design, engineering and product liability insurance?) After that on a per-piece basis?
I'll ask Doc Dockery next time I'm down at Vortex. He made the original and holds the patent :)
Rick

Rick Murchison:
I'll ask Doc Dockery next time I'm down at Vortex. He made the original and holds the patent :)
Rick

You bet me to it, I worked at vortex in the 80's, and really enjoyed meeting Doc. and hearing about his inventions. I helped build and install the lighted cave line.

Back
Top Bottom