If you have 2000 USD to spend, where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could go to the East coast of Malaysia, no aircon, 3 dives a day, probably 8 weeks.
I might even be tired of the Nasi goreng pataya by then, oh well maybe not.
Roti Chani for breakfast, Fish with fried rice or Nasi Goreng for dinner, 3 dives a day, warm sunshine on a sandy beach.
My idea of heaven, well maybe 4 dives a day

If airfare was paid for (and it was B-class or higher) I would go somewhere in asia. maybe land based Lembeh if possible....haven't actually checked prices, because I have never been willing to spend the $$ on my airfare requirement!

If it was a coach ticket I would go back to Bonaire.

Not willing to spend more than 4 hours in a coach seat.

Hmmm, for $2,000 I could do 60 dives in 20 days in Sabang (Puerto Galera) with Action Divers. Banana Moon only gives you a free breakfast so I would just be eating one meal a day, but I'd lose a lot of this winter coat of bioprene in the process... that would "kill" two birds with two grand... lots of diving and a trimmer Dr. Bill

You mean just for the diving? Forget the Caribbean....it's for divers who haven't seen the South Pacific or Asia. Granted it's cheap but nowhere near the diversity of say Palau, Indonesia, Micronesia, Phillipines, S. Japan, etc. Not even in the same ballpark. How bout Galapagos....over 2k though, or Cocos? If you're going to spend 2k it might as well be 3 and have something that will blow you away. You only live once...maybe.

You mean just for the diving? Forget the Caribbean....it's for divers who haven't seen the South Pacific or Asia. Granted it's cheap but nowhere near the diversity of say Palau, Indonesia, Micronesia, Phillipines, S. Japan, etc. Not even in the same ballpark. How bout Galapagos....over 2k though, or Cocos? If you're going to spend 2k it might as well be 3 and have something that will blow you away. You only live once...maybe.

Now here is a guy who thinks like me. For Caribbean diving I would not blow 2000 USD. In 2000 USD I would look at exactly the areas you mentioned except Cocos and Galapagos due to the price factor.

Ha. I would just park my butt at the edge of the Blue Corner in Palau and watch the show. If you're not satisfied diving there you won't be satisfied anywhere on this planet.

Scuba Diving Palau with Fish 'n Fins - Dive Sites

hahaha... I can't say I agree! I did Blue Corner twice and it was plenty for me. Yeah, sharks and more sharks swimming by, but I like all kinds of fish and got bored after 20 minutes there. Really. I thought German Channel was waaaaay better, mantas and sharks and all the regular fish on the same dive.

Everyone is not the same...

That's true. Everywhere you go in the ocean is a different environment and we have to slow down enough to appreciate it. Diving isn't like driving a fast car...for me anyway. It's about what you see and appreciate regardless of where you are.

the red sea will blow your mind. if you have never divied in the red sea, now is the time.

its cheap, both as liveaboard or resort. i would recommed a liveaboard, spoil yourself.

you only live once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom