If your husband/wife's best friend were a dog...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastaci

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, here is a non-diving(sorta) question.

If your husband/wife's best friend was dating someone who they wanted you to become friends with(which you were starting to), but they were repeatedly cheating on, would you feel comfortable having them along on your dive trip? :11:

Do you believe in your signature line.:)

God promises us a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it.

I'm confused. Who is doing the cheating? The friend or the person they are dating? The whole situation is kind of uncomfortable no matter who it is, really. I've been in that situation and it's not pleasant. It's like going along with a big fat lie. It's kind of inconsiderate for other people to make you a party to it.

Do you believe in your signature line.:)

I do. God will lead her through it, but do I wanna be along for the journey. She is not my friend(but I feel for her), but the daughter of my neighbor. I told her in the beginning that he was not ready for a serious relationship. That was my attempt to tell her that he is just looking for fun. Is it my place to tell her that she is not the only one that he is sleeping with? Or is it my place to tell him, that I don't want to be in the middle so she can't come on the trip?

I couldn't be around the person without giving them major clues as to what's really going on. Does the girl think she is the only one he is with?

I couldn't be around the person without giving them major clues as to what's really going on. Does the girl think she is the only one he is with?

yes she does. She is young and naive. Not exactly the brightest bulb either.

This is what I see happening. We get to our vaca and something happens, something is said, and the poor girl is stuck with us for the remainder of the trip.

Well I (personally) would tell her for two reasons

1. STDs-lots of diseases out there, and God knows what he could be exposing her to
2. It's the right thing to do-I was once cheated on (for 10 months) and EVERYONE knew. His family, his friends, his coworkers and no one told me. I was more angry at them than him. He had something to gain, they were just being cowards. I had become very close to a few of his friends. A few years later, my best friend of 11 years (I'm only 24 so that's a long time for me) was cheating on her Fiance and I told her to cut it out or I would tell him. Very long story short, she broke it off with the fiance, he and I are still friends, she and I no longer speak.

ok, false names:

my husband's friend Hank is also his dive buddy. They are pretty much inseparable. We jokingly call Hank his other wife. Anyway, in all of our adventures, he met our neighbor's daughter. She is 10 years younger than him. Not a prob for me, his mom hates it. OK, so they have been dating for 2 months now and he tells us, by us I mean, me, my husband, my friend, that he really likes her and could see the relationship getting really serious. In the next breathe, he tells us that he hooked up with a girl, name unknown(by him or us), and then went home and had sex with Dana. He acts like we are 18 and might think him cool.
Anyway, our dive trip is in 2 weeks. It was the 4 of us plus my SIL and her husband going, then Dana gets invited. Well we were all thinking that she wouldn't be able to go since she has a baby, no job, and lives at home with her parents. Now, she has a babysitter and Hank is paying for her to go. At first he thought that we were splitting it 4 ways, told him if there were 5 of us, then it was a 5 way split.
Now, he keeps up with the whole, "she is great. I really like her", then, oh btw I met this chick at the bar last night and she.......
My hubby says "it's not my business" but Hank keeps telling us crap we don't want to hear.

He is inviting her along on trips with you guys. He is making it your business.

I have ZERO respect for people who cheat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom