If you're offended by "DIR"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never been offended by 'DIR', it's just a name. And I don't even get offended by DIR newbies who think they're awesome and much better than me because they are DIR, I find it hilarious actually.

So yea, following that, Dive Rite doesn't bother me either :)

"DIR" is more than a name....It's a way of life....if not DEATH......:wink:

If only there was a competing acronym to argue about.

Perhaps we should start an agency named Perfectly Adequate Diving Instruction?
:stirpot:

A rite is an established, ceremonious, usually religious act or process art.

Dive Rite would therefor be equated with a pre-dive ritual, possibly involving chanting?

And how do you pronounce "DIR" anyway? Is it "Derrr?", or maybe "Dear"? Or "Deer"?

Just kidding (which is I believe the OP's intent too) :D

Best wishes.
I pronoun it Derrrr with an emphasis on mental retardation type of sounding...

Are you suggesting people who purchase Dive Rite products are some how associated with some sort of religious cult?!:shocked2::popcorn:

Just like DIR ....

A rite is an established, ceremonious, usually religious act or process art.

Dive Rite would therefor be equated with a pre-dive ritual, possibly involving chanting?

And how do you pronounce "DIR" anyway? Is it "Derrr?", or maybe "Dear"? Or "Deer"?

Just kidding (which is I believe the OP's intent too) :D

Best wishes.

too funny! i usually joke with my buddies about DIR and it usually goes like 'drrr... i forgot my reel.....' or sometimes even 'doh! i forgot my reel!'

so yes, i consider myself a drrr.... diver! :)

v/r

erik

Just like DIR ....

I like it when people talk like that, I usually turn my back with an ear to ear smile then laugh my ass off (some phrases yell the S-word loud and clear).

I was on a boat where a guy pronounced Guè as Gooey about two dozen times.......:rofl3:

Just like DIR ....

In future posts, should I refer to myself as a DIW (doing it wrong) diver, thereby spelling it out painfully for all to see; or simply as as DIW diver and assume that most will understand that it was not a typo or infirmity?

Hmmm.... Perhaps being DIW is synonymous with an ailment... :)

:popcorn:

If DIR implies there is only one way to Do It Right, then that might be grounds for some people to get upset. But as with most things in life, there are also several ways to Do It Right when it comes to diving, and I guess whichever one works for you and keeps you alive in the process is the Right one... :wink:

DIR is more of a media applied term to the approach that GUE takes to diving, anyone truly serious about that training approach prefers GUE to the Doing It Right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom